The Student Room Group

Did i spread microplastics on others?

In mid-January, after removing my laundry from the tumble dryer, I decided to dispose of the collected tumble dryer water. I carried the tumble dryer water to the kitchen sink where me and my housemate usually dispose the tumble dryer water. There were two sinks: a small one which contain sponge used for washing dishes and a larger one right beside it. Normally, I would pour the water down the bigger sink, but since it was occupied with dishes, I chose to pour the tumble dryer water into the sink with the sponge. Immediately after, I turned on the tap water to rinse it through the sponge. At that time, I had no knowledge about the tumble dryer water.

Around March 20th, I became curious about tumble dryer water and decided to search online. It was then that I discovered that the water may not be clean. I suddenly remembered pouring the tumble dryer water into the sink with the sponge in it. knowing this, I then purchased a new sponge to replace the old ones. Although they seldom do dishes as they don’t cook often but they use the sponge when they are washing dishes. However, it had been 1.5 to 2 months before I replaced the sponge.

For several months, I have been thinking/worrying about this matter, which led me to seek advice on here. i don’t feel right when it think about this, did i just left some microplastic in their body? I need advice on this, am I overthinking or... [the dryer used is Zanussi condenser dryer]
You're overthinking this. Especially for something that occurred months ago with (presumably) no ill effect.

Even if the water was loaded with microplastics, a single dose applied to a sponge which was then given a good rinse, and then diluted further in dishwater is going to be miniscule.

You've probably made your housemates more ill by bringing the odd cold into the house and touching a door handle or whatever.

Forget about it.
Reply 2
:smile:
Original post by Admit-One
You're overthinking this. Especially for something that occurred months ago with (presumably) no ill effect.

Even if the water was loaded with microplastics, a single dose applied to a sponge which was then given a good rinse, and then diluted further in dishwater is going to be miniscule.

You've probably made your housemates more ill by bringing the odd cold into the house and touching a door handle or whatever.

Forget about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending