The Student Room Group

**Official Investment Banking and Advisory 2020 Internship Thread**

Scroll to see replies

thanks ! so you have questions sent automatically by the firm and the video interview begins ?
that's the type of application step that I would have avoided if I could because of the lack of interactions and the impression that you speak to a wall
Original post by tsrmrman
its an automated video interview sent by the firm. Usually upon a succesful hirevue interview, youll be invited for face to face interviews
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 81
Hi all,

Whoever has created / is already a member of an investment banking summer application group, message me privately (or in case you have thought of creating it). Good luck to everyone, application time is getting nearer.
Reply 82
I am also interested.
Original post by ldneagle
Hi all,

Whoever has created / is already a member of an investment banking summer application group, message me privately (or in case you have thought of creating it). Good luck to everyone, application time is getting nearer.
Interested as well
Hi all,

Reply 84
I’ve got a group chat PM me, I tried posting it here but mods removed it
Hi all,

Same here
I'm also interested.
Hi all,Whoever has created / is already a member of an investment banking summer application group, message me privately (or in case you have thought of creating it). Good luck to everyone, application time is getting nearer.
Same here! Very interested.
Reply 88
Interested as well
Hi all,

dude you have to read newspapers and articles about finance and economy like wall street journal, bloomberg or anything like that.
Secondly, it's normal from evercore to hear this question if you apply to the M&A team. They are looking for interested and proactive candidates who are hungry for knowledge and why not interested in a particular sector (healthcare, industrials, real estate, etc).

So, if you're really interested in the job, let show your motivation and curiosity by quoting and explaining recent deals

good luck
Reply 90
There’s a WhatsApp group for for London SA Applicants. Mods won’t let me post the link, feel free to msg me for the invite link and bring in your friends. The community is pretty good
I am very interested.
Original post by New gc
There’s a WhatsApp group for for London SA Applicants. Mods won’t let me post the link, feel free to msg me for the invite link and bring in your friends. The community is pretty good
I am interested.
Hi all,

I am also interested.
Original post by New gc
Reply 94
Hi, I'd be interested in joining this too. Thanks!

Original post by New gc
Original post by xtrembob
If you have done an SA already I’d suggest a mix Off-cycles, SA and FT depending on the firm - some allow you to apply to one but not the other etc.
Not a master student but I’d suggest that you speak with alums from your master to understand which bank allows which applications.

If not apply for SA. Dont waste your time with spring weeks.

want to pick your brain a bit here..

so since I'm really liking my current internship and can see a path to a return offer or actually passing hiring committee at google (i'm still salty af) next year (will be pretty competitive with banking base, slight haircut on total comp). would applying to FT programs at only the top BBs/EBs be worth it? or just stick to SA?

leaning towards SA bc even though the work is somewhat similar to e.g. consulting/strat/management (presentations, strategy/planning, managing stakeholders etc) it might not be relevant to banking.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by archie341
Tbh, a lot of the banks won't even filter you out if you're final year. You'll get the odd rejection here and there but saying you're taking a masters (or nothing at all) and getting a summer internship is pretty common. A lot of people don't even end up taking a masters if they get the offer and by that point the bank doesn't really care because they've trained you anyway - you're ready to go.

can confirm this info
Original post by PrivateAudience
Yo, I just finished year 11, what banks are available to apply to, for work experience??

not really a thing at your stage unless you have family/family friends/friends in the industry willing to let you shadow for a bit.

read the sixth form FAQ
Aiight man, yeah appreciate it.
I was mainly looking to work, for connections and networking so it would help later.
Is there anything I could do at this age; I have fine grades worthy of Oxbridge/LSE, already working on A-Levels, extra circulars are fine too.

enjoy being 16? get a part time job? go travel? go to house parties and get lit?
That shi has been going on, working on a personal business, A-Levels, but nothing for finance, other than reading.
Anything to prep for work?

not much dude, no need to try to fast forward life so much (believe me, i'm still paying the price now for being too neurotic at that age)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending