The Student Room Group

Confusing maths question

Heyo, so there's this maths question in a practise paper and i have no clue how to do it. It's probably not even that hard but I'm a dumb

Beth and Mia translate documents from Spanish to English. Beth starts to translate the documents. After two days Beth and Mia both work on translating the documents. How many more days will it take to complete the work?

I got one mark for saying that 1/4 of the work is done

I was thinking the remaining work would take Beth six days, so 3/4 of the time for Mia is 7.5 days...then you work out the average or something?? No idea at this point

Let me know your thoughts
Original post by sakuragloss
Heyo, so there's this maths question in a practise paper and i have no clue how to do it. It's probably not even that hard but I'm a dumb

Beth and Mia translate documents from Spanish to English. Beth starts to translate the documents. After two days Beth and Mia both work on translating the documents. How many more days will it take to complete the work?

I was thinking the remaining work would take Beth six days, so 3/4 of the time for Mia is 7.5 days...then you work out the average or something?? No idea at this point

I think some part of the question is missing? Not sure you can solve it quite with that information...
If you calculate the rate in documents/day that Beth did the first two days, then you should be able to work out how many days it would take her to do all the work. Subtract two because she's done two days work alone, then divide the remaining work between Beth and Mia :smile:
does it say how long the documents are, or something ?
find a number that could be easily divided by 10 and 8, so i multiplied them together, getting 80.
this means that per day mia does 8 and beth does 10.
beth has already done 2 days of work = 20 documents done
80-20=60
60/18 and cancel down to mixed number as 3 and 1/3 days
Original post by sakuragloss

(edited 4 years ago)
I see where you’re going with this, and at first I thought the same. Then I realised the neurological synapse does not obey the law of conservation, which contradicts the quadratic formula. Therefore, I feel like my method is still correct but I guess there are several different ways of going about it.
Original post by TleeLemon
That’s good and all bout you forgot to quantify the algorithm of the neurological synapse causing a quantum shift in the biological law
Despite the fact that I find complications with your method, I believe the best course of action would be to digest the restrictions enzymes using a plethora of Von Neumann procedures, by doing this one can become metaphorically compatible due to the fact that it obeys Hooke’s law.
Original post by Piloerection101
I see where you’re going with this, and at first I thought the same. Then I realised the neurological synapse does not obey the law of conservation, which contradicts the quadratic formula. Therefore, I feel like my method is still correct but I guess there are several different ways of going about it.
Ahh, and then that’s where intermolecular forces come in. That’s slightly long winded, but I kind of understand it. So once you get the Von Neumann calculations, do you then measure the volume of sodium hydroxide that can neutralise sulfuric acid, thus creating a neutralisation reaction. I find faults with this method, though one may be distracted by the use of various palisade cells involved. I think, in my humble opinion, according to me, for me, best suited to my style of calculation, in my opinion, I feel that the best way of going about this is by multiplying 180 degrees by the tangent formed between the two circles, and then from then on its pretty obvious.
Despite the fact that I find complications with your method, I believe the best course of action would be to digest the restrictions enzymes using a plethora of Von Neumann procedures, by doing this one can become metaphorically compatible due to the fact that it obeys Hooke’s law.
Do you even have a degree in quantum field measurements??? The sodium hydroxide is only used when combined with perpendicular moments causing diffraction to occur. Once you have done that you transduce the deoxyribose nuclei acid into simple ions causing a shift in the covalent bonds, similar to graphite or electrolysis.
Original post by Piloerection101
Ahh, and then that’s where intermolecular forces come in. That’s slightly long winded, but I kind of understand it. So once you get the Von Neumann calculations, do you then measure the volume of sodium hydroxide that can neutralise sulfuric acid, thus creating a neutralisation reaction. I find faults with this method, though one may be distracted by the use of various palisade cells involved. I think, in my humble opinion, according to me, for me, best suited to my style of calculation, in my opinion, I feel that the best way of going about this is by multiplying 180 degrees by the tangent formed between the two circles, and then from then on its pretty obvious.
Well clearly you are not appropriately informed on my PhD in quantum mechanics, and I got a degree in science. You are wrong. The answer is 3.
Do you even have a degree in quantum field measurements??? The sodium hydroxide is only used when combined with perpendicular moments causing diffraction to occur. Once you have done that you transduce the deoxyribose nuclei acid into simple ions causing a shift in the covalent bonds, similar to graphite or electrolysis.

Quick Reply

Latest