The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE maths

Hi,

i am thinking to resit GCSE maths, i got a 6 but i really wanna get 7 or 8 instead to study maths and further maths in college. However my mum is scared that if i resit maths and get a worse grade then she thinks it will be marked as the worst grade.

I need some advice, if i get a bad grade, can i still choose which grade i want to have (my old grade or new)
Do you think it is worse resitting it? any help!
(I want to resit for imperial or UCL to try boost my chances)
I don't know if you can choose the better grade (in case your resit is worse) but I will give you this:

Do a METRIC TON of exam questions.

Do the hard ones. The really hard ones.

Find what topics you are weak in and do a bunch of exam questions in those.
Reply 2
if you got a 6 why do you want to do further maths at A level ?....most schools ask for an 8/9 in that subject which you should EASILY be achieving at GCSE in order to do it at A level. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just confused why you would choose that as it's a very tough subject.
Original post by aliaa03
if you got a 6 why do you want to do further maths at A level ?....most schools ask for an 8/9 in that subject which you should EASILY be achieving at GCSE in order to do it at A level. I'm not trying to be rude I'm just confused why you would choose that as it's a very tough subject.

Because my dream uni says further is recommended, not compulsory but i want to boost my chances and make my parents proud

Quick Reply

Latest