The Student Room Group

Applying to Sixth Form

Hii I'm currently in year11 planning to apply to Brighton College and Westminster as an international applicant. Is there anyone who's also applying or has applied before and has an idea about what the application process is like? (difficulty of the entrance exams, what kind of questions are asked on the interview, things like that) thanks!
Reply 1
Hey!
I'm also applying for Westminster, but not as an international student, so i'm not sure about the application process, sorry :frown:
For the exams, lots of people said that it was difficult but at Westminster, they didn't need you to complete the whole paper to get accepted. I'm taking maths, physics, further maths and economics, and I've heard quite a lot of people say that the physics exam was especially difficult.

About the interviews, my brother (who got accepted last year) said that they just asked a few basic questions. For example, in the maths interview, he had 10 mins to answer a few questions about similar shapes or smth; he answered 3 questions and they told him that he did well because most people don't finish the second question.

Hope that helped and sorry if it was confusing lol
Reply 2
Original post by div_ko
Hey!
I'm also applying for Westminster, but not as an international student, so i'm not sure about the application process, sorry :frown:
For the exams, lots of people said that it was difficult but at Westminster, they didn't need you to complete the whole paper to get accepted. I'm taking maths, physics, further maths and economics, and I've heard quite a lot of people say that the physics exam was especially difficult.

About the interviews, my brother (who got accepted last year) said that they just asked a few basic questions. For example, in the maths interview, he had 10 mins to answer a few questions about similar shapes or smth; he answered 3 questions and they told him that he did well because most people don't finish the second question.

Hope that helped and sorry if it was confusing lol

ahh ok thanks for the reply~ I'm planning to take maths too except with bio, chem and eng lit
goodluck with applying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending