yardbirdsuite
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
any predictions for what will turn up for jekyll and hyde, romeo and juliet, an inspector calls or the power and conflict poems? also, how's everyone revising?
antics
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What exam board are you on?

For WJEC, I'm supposing Ozymandias for the power and conflict poems. Or Manhunt.
yardbirdsuite
Rep:
?
I'm doing AQA, and Ozymandius came up last year unfortunately. It was originally meant to be Poppies but it got leaked, and was changed to Ozymandius. Therefore, I don't know if that means I should focus less on Power of Man/Time etc.
(Original post by antics)
What exam board are you on?

For WJEC, I'm supposing Ozymandias for the power and conflict poems. Or Manhunt.
mjisalive
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For R+J I think it will be a character question because the past 2 years were themes,
maybe - mercutio or romeo, could be something like to what extent is benvolio shown to be a peacemaker or to what extent is mercutio shown to be a provocative character.

For J+H I have a feeling it might be something like knowledge and power as a good/bad thing, or maybe how good/evil is presented - or How is Hyde presented in the novella.

For AIC - I feel like it could be a character question on Mr Birling, Sheila or Edna. I feel like there isnt going to be a theme question but one of the statement ones.
MinaxPoppy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
People are thinking the Inspector Calls question might be about Gerald and about the relationship with Sheila, according to my English teacher

Not so sure about the Romeo and Juliet question though.
yardbirdsuite
Rep:
?
Yeah, this sounds quite likely. I think I'm going to make a list of quotes for more characters - thank you!
(Original post by mjisalive)
For R+J I think it will be a character question because the past 2 years were themes,
maybe - mercutio or romeo, could be something like to what extent is benvolio shown to be a peacemaker or to what extent is mercutio shown to be a provocative character.

For J+H I have a feeling it might be something like knowledge and power as a good/bad thing, or maybe how good/evil is presented - or How is Hyde presented in the novella.

For AIC - I feel like it could be a character question on Mr Birling, Sheila or Edna. I feel like there isnt going to be a theme question but one of the statement ones.
yardbirdsuite
Rep:
?
Yeah, I've heard that too. He hasn't come up yet, and I think it could definitely be likely. Anyway, there's going to be a choice of 2 questions thankfully, so I'm assuming the other could be on a theme of the play.
(Original post by MinaxPoppy)
People are thinking the Inspector Calls question might be about Gerald and about the relationship with Sheila, according to my English teacher

Not so sure about the Romeo and Juliet question though.
xrebeccaxm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
for Romeo and Juliet I think it will not be on a main character. I think it could be the friar, nurse, Mercutio or tybalt
yardbirdsuite
Rep:
?
It would more likely be the Friar than the Nurse because the nature of Motherhood has been mentioned before, but I'd see Mercutio or Tybalt as a more likely outcome.
(Original post by xrebeccaxm)
for Romeo and Juliet I think it will not be on a main character. I think it could be the friar, nurse, Mercutio or tybalt
annaxparnell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
last year was Tybalt and the year before was Juliet so I think it will be Love or fate

(Original post by yardbirdsuite)
It would more likely be the Friar than the Nurse because the nature of Motherhood has been mentioned before, but I'd see Mercutio or Tybalt as a more likely outcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
6.98%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.08%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.28%
It might lead to more bullying (93)
36.05%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.62%

Watched Threads