The Student Room Group

can you still get an A overall in A level English Literature if you got a B in CW?

just found out I got a low B on my English literature coursework and I am a bit disappointed. it was worth 20%; could I still get an A overall if I do well in my exams?
an A* would have been 21 and I got 16.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Alien Gamer
just found out I got a low B on my English literature coursework and I am a bit disappointed. it was worth 20%; could I still get an A overall if I do well in my exams?
an A* would have been 21 and I got 16.

Yes as the exam is 4x as important. You just have to make the difference up ,so perform at A grade standard plus 1/4 of the gap you fell below A in the coursework.
I received an E in my coursework & was very disappointed, is there any chance I got still get a B grade or even an A overall? (coursework was worth 20%)
Original post by 999tigger
Yes as the exam is 4x as important. You just have to make the difference up ,so perform at A grade standard plus 1/4 of the gap you fell below A in the coursework.

I received an E in my coursework & was very disappointed, is there any chance I got still get a B grade or even an A overall? (coursework was worth 20%)
20% isn't a lot, so just make sure you ace your exams and you'll be fine, it's not so much about the grade you get but how many marks, so look at the grade boundaries from last year and calculate roughly how much you'll need in each of ur exams to get your A and include what u got ur in ur coursework :smile:
Original post by Caroldawson6590

It is just a case of doing the maths.
You can look up last years grade boundaries on the website to see how to see how the marks aggregated and what the gap might be. To get a B then id expect you to be performing at a high B or near an A grade for the rest of the exams. For an A then it would be A* regions. I would think that unlikely. You also need to learn your lesson from coursework, its either not understanding (in which case ask) or not put sufficient effort in (in which case thats your own fault). A B is possible and a C wouldnt be a disaster.

Put it to one side and focus on fighting for marks. If it all goes wrong then resit if you decide you can do better.
I got an A but I will do terrible in the exams and ill probably come out with a D.

So work hard on your exams tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending