The Student Room Group

F3 locum pay - what to expect?

I am due to finish my foundation years and am waiting for locum jobs to be released. I have signed up to a locum agency and also have emailed the internal bank as well. If I were to ork full time(ish) for the next year or so, roughly how much could I expect to earn? And what other expenses should I consider? TIA
Well it would depend on where you are (the more popular the hospital the less it pays), what you're doing including being on call or not, and whether you got for a regular job or do random short-term locums (which pay a lot more but is more irregular).

I only did random short term locums and I was earning £50 per hour and there were enough shifts to have worked 24/7, all 365 days of the year if I'd wanted to. I had other priorities though and only worked like 5 days a month on average :laugh:
If you want to work the full year then you'll probably be best off with a long term post, which you could be taking as low as 40 per hour for, unless you're happy to do on calls or A&E or go a bit further out where you could get more. A good locum agent can find you posts for a few months at a time at up to 50 per hour though. You could be hitting up to like 80k in the year, maybe more if you hit that kind of jackpot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending