How to pick the right accommodation at the University of Bristol? Watch

-_alex_-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've accepted an offer to study at Bristol this September and have a few weeks to apply for accommodation, but there's so many different residences to pick from I'm struggling to decide which to apply for.

I've tried looking around at different posts on here and elsewhere but it seems like most people end up referencing the people they get put with more than anything, when it seems to me that the types of people you're put with is going to be completely different this year than it was last year and 5 years ago etc - it's not like they have a personality test when you apply, right? I guess what I'm wondering is what you would consider most important when applying, like having common areas, or is it just going to be a gamble as to how much you enjoy it?

The residences that are within a price range I could afford with my loan are Campus Houses, Manor Hall, Queen's Road, University Hall, Northwell House, Hillside Woodside or Redland Road, basically the cheaper ones but even then it's a lot to choose from!

Anyone with any advice or experience? Thanks!
Izyzzz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
From what i've heard campus houses are good for making close relationships with your roommates, but if you want a wide range of social activity then something like Queens Road would be good, it's close to uni too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.16%
The paper was reasonable (1112)
55.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (441)
21.84%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise