The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

How to pick the right accommodation at the University of Bristol?

I've accepted an offer to study at Bristol this September and have a few weeks to apply for accommodation, but there's so many different residences to pick from I'm struggling to decide which to apply for.

I've tried looking around at different posts on here and elsewhere but it seems like most people end up referencing the people they get put with more than anything, when it seems to me that the types of people you're put with is going to be completely different this year than it was last year and 5 years ago etc - it's not like they have a personality test when you apply, right? I guess what I'm wondering is what you would consider most important when applying, like having common areas, or is it just going to be a gamble as to how much you enjoy it?

The residences that are within a price range I could afford with my loan are Campus Houses, Manor Hall, Queen's Road, University Hall, Northwell House, Hillside Woodside or Redland Road, basically the cheaper ones but even then it's a lot to choose from!

Anyone with any advice or experience? Thanks!
Reply 1
From what i've heard campus houses are good for making close relationships with your roommates, but if you want a wide range of social activity then something like Queens Road would be good, it's close to uni too
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending