The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A100/A108 2023 Offer Holders Thread

uob-logo-full-colour-largest-2.png
Congratulations and welcome to the UOB A100 / A108 2023 Offer Holders.

Link to 2023 applicant thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252637

Link to 2022 offer holder thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7178380

For general information click: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2024/medicine/mb-chb-medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@_Rusty_ could you kindly make this thread official- thank you:smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for making the thread!
Reply 3
Have people already chosen their accommodation? Is it not worth waiting for the offers holders day, or do you think a lot would be gone by then?
Original post by TzTi
Have people already chosen their accommodation? Is it not worth waiting for the offers holders day, or do you think a lot would be gone by then?

Hi, congrats on your offer! I cannot pick accommodation yet but it says I have to firm Bristol but I’m still waiting on 2 decisions! also want to wait until the offer
Holder day just to be 100% sure
Reply 5
What day have you picked? My son has opted for April but most of the talks are full already.
Original post by PDQ2003
What day have you picked? My son has opted for April but most of the talks are full already.

Hi, I also picked the April one and I had the same thing ... lots of the tours were booked! But I’m happy I got into the Med talk so then I can learn about the medicine course!
Reply 7
I chose for march; april is too close to my exams (IB). But equally in march, a lot of the talks were already booked as well as accommodation visits. The med course was automatically booked in for me.
For those with offers - can you please let me know when the offer holder days are.

Thank You
Reply 9
the holders days are march 25th and april 25th i believe
Reply 10
Hi guys, when booking the offer holder event were you able to pick guests to bring? I chose the 25th of March and it automatically says 0 guests on mine
Original post by maeya
Hi guys, when booking the offer holder event were you able to pick guests to bring? I chose the 25th of March and it automatically says 0 guests on mine

It didn’t let me either :frown: I really wanted to add a guest
Reply 12
What are yall's firm and insurances going to be? Ima firm bristol and insure UEA.
Original post by WeShe
What are yall's firm and insurances going to be? Ima firm bristol and insure UEA.

I'm most likely gonna firm Bristol and insure Exeter (if it gives me offer😂😂)
Original post by maeya

My son too and all the talks are oversubscribed so I’m guessing it’s intentional? I’m taking him but apart from the guided tour via the app, I prob won’t hang around as the parents talk is full.
Original post by fawsa
@_Rusty_ could you kindly make this thread official- thank you:smile:

Thanks for making the thread.
Does anyone know if during the offer holder day you are able to casually view accommodation rather than view them via the official tours as they are all booked up? The only reason for me to travel down to Bristol would be to get a better idea about accommodation. Thanks :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Kikisampala
It didn’t let me either :frown: I really wanted to add a guest

Same 😭 I don’t know anyone else whos been given an offer so I wanted to bring someone with me
Reply 18
Hey guys so I'm slightly confused. On UCAS it says that the course start date is the 1st of September, but on the Bristol website it says that the welcome week starts the 18th of September.
just my own interpretation so take it with a pinch of salt. but i would assume that the website is more up to date than ucas itself, but i guess we'll find out more on the offer holders day :,)

(Original post by WeShe)Hey guys so I'm slightly confused. On UCAS it says that the course start date is the 1st of September, but on the Bristol website it says that the welcome week starts the 18th of September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending