The Student Room Group

[UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME] AQA Psychology Paper 2 - 07/06/19

This poll is closed

How did you find AQA Psychology Paper 2 ?

FANTASTIC!7%
Good33%
meh... :/41%
TERRIBLE :(19%
Total votes: 980
APPROACHES
1. B (can't remember for sure )
2. D (can't remember for sure)
3. Role of unconscious mind - i said biological drive and instincts can be accessed through dreams (not sure)
4. Tiger cleaning spray & rugby player stem and mediational processes = attention, retention, motor reproduction & motivation
5. Rugby player & male viewers = identification
6. 4568-2522/2522 x 100 to 2 significant figures is 86%
7. How to make women buy Tiger spray = Women athlete in the advert that women identify with.
8. Wundt's role in emergence of psychology as a science = 8 Mark
AO1 = first lab study, introspection & structuralism, metronome and standardised procedure.
AO3 = some aspects scientific as standardised procedure, some aspects not scientific because self-reporting so subjective.

BIOPSYCHOLOGY
1. i put ERP but it's fMRI (?)
2. B
3. C
4. A
4. Glands & hormones but don't include adrenal gland or adrenaline = thyroxine and thyroid gland.
5. ESSAY with stem about Kieron & Sam. QS - Hemispheric Lateralisation and/or Localisation.
AO1 = Sperry split brain and the description task with the left and right visual field, definition of hemispheric laterlalisation. Localisation could also be used but i used HS more but did use the holism aspect of it to contradict what Sam said.
AO2 = use stem = Kieron = 'speech & lang is left', Sam = 'no, silly! all parts of the brain work together' -__-
AO3 = sperry's standardised procedure, research support, can't generalise because epileptic patients and sample small. I also used law of equipotentiality with stroke victims to contradict Sam.

RESEARCH METHODS (HELL)
1. consistency
2. B
4. non directional the difference also not done before idk etc....
5. write the hypothesis include DV and IV!

CAN'T REMEMBER ORDER

What tp match the EVs on ? I put age but gender works too i think

How is the validity affected by the researcher knowing which participants are in which group and how to fix this? = investigator effect and to fix double-blind or change the researcher for that step.

strength of using matched pairs instead of repeated measures = participants matched on a variable thats relevant to study so high validity

Sign test s value = 3

N = 8 and the critical value was 0 so not significant

Concurrent validity = score compared to a pre-existing test

Stat Test = Mann Whitney as ordinal, non-parametric, and unrelated design also testing difference between happiness between condition A and B.

Design = had to include aim, IV, DV, CVs, EV = noise ? and how to prevent, I said bar chart with separate keys because discrete data ... i wasn't sure.

Hope it went well for everyone ! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
question 2 of research methods was B. Peer review does actually award funding but they publish all eligible results regardless of statistical significance!
Original post by studyr
Approaches
3. Role of unconscious mind - i said biological drive and instincts can be accessed through dreams (not sure)
4. Tiger cleaning spray & rugby player stem and mediational processes = attention, retention, motor reproduction & motivation
7. How to make women buy Tiger spray = Women athlete in the advert that women identify with.
AO1 = first lab study, introspection & structuralism, metronome and standardised procedure.
AO3 = some aspects scientific as standardised procedure, some aspects not scientific because self-reporting so subjective.

Biopsychology
1. ERP
2. B
3. C
4. A
4. Glands & hormones but don't include adrenal gland or adrenaline = thyroxine and thyroid gland.
5. ESSAY with stem about Kieron (speech & lang is left) & Sam (no, silly! brain works together -__- ) QS - Hemispheric Lateralisation and/or Localisation.
AO1 = Sperry split brain and the description task with the left and right visual field, definition of hemispheric laterlalisation. Localisation could also be used but i used HS more but did use the holism aspect of it to contradict what Sam said.
AO3 = sperry's standardised procedure, research support, can't generalise because epileptic patients and sample small. I also used law of equipotentiality with stroke victims to contradict Sam.

RESEARCH METHODS (HELL)
1. consistency
2. I put D but it's A apparently :/
I can't remember much but
Sign test s value = 3
Stat Test = Mann Whitney as ordinal, non-parametric, and unrelated design testing difference between happiness between condition A and B.
Design = had to include aim, IV, DV, CVs, EV = noise ? and how to prevent, I said bar chart with separate keys because discrete data ... i wasn't sure.

Hope it went well for everyone !
i wrote so much **** for the 12 marker i said how they can't be placed with their friends otherwise they will obviously be happy lmaoo
Reply 3
ooh okie i'll change that now !
Original post by hafsah307
question 2 of research methods was B. Peer review does actually award funding but they publish all eligible results regardless of statistical significance!
Reply 4
As a control, I wrote to make them do a presentation but not to let them choose the topic as it will make their happiness level increase for both conditions lol
Original post by angel.xo
i wrote so much **** for the 12 marker i said how they can't be placed with their friends otherwise they will obviously be happy lmaoo
lol i wrote that too
I wrote about speed up lol for 12marker
Come on someone tell me they got 26% for the percentage difference
Reply 8
i got 46% ;(
Original post by WannaBe4A*s
was the sign test not 1 because the data on the table already calculated the difference?
Also why is it ordinal data when the same test tht was used used sign and so it mustve been nominal data?? so losttt
Original post by studyr
Approaches

Biopsychology
1. ERP
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. ESSAY with stem about Kieron (speech & lang is left) & Sam (no, silly! all parts of the brain work together -__- ) QS - Hemispheric Lateralisation and/or Localisation.

RESEARCH METHODS (HELL)
1. consistency
2. I put D but it's A apparently :/
I can't remember much but
Sign test s value = 3
Stat Test = Mann Whitney as ordinal, non-parametric, and unrelated design testing difference between happiness between condition A and B.

Hope it went well for everyone !
also for 16 marker, you could also talk about Broca and Wernicke, right?
Reply 11
yes
Original post by Lavi2525
Yeh thats localisation
Original post by Lavi2525
Did any other human on this planet put unrelated t test for the stats? It said score on a happiness questionnaire rather than a happiness rating, and as it’s a test score I thought it would be interval considering there are equal intervals? It’s probably wrong but thought I’d put it out there.
(edited 4 years ago)
Were you only meant to use male scores? Aw ****
Reply 15
I did
Original post by WannaBe4A*s
Reply 16
wasn't Q1 in biopsychology fMRI? because it asked specifically about the areas of the brain / structures in response to stimuli?
Reply 17
Why ERP? I put fMRI? i know erp can show memory but also fMRI can show cognitive functions also?
I put ERPS
Original post by Ccyxxx
Why ERP? I put fMRI? i know erp can show memory but also fMRI can show cognitive functions also?
Reply 19
ERP is similar to EEG except it can be used to filter out extraneous activity and identify the active part of the brain. fMRI only shows the oxygenated area.
Original post by autiee
wasn't Q1 in biopsychology fMRI? because it asked specifically about the areas of the brain / structures in response to stimuli?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending