The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow I was so shook with chemistry like I really thought I failed paper 1 bc I didn’t revise equilibrium and reversible reactions but I ended up getting 176 marks 😳😳 turns out I got 84 on paper 1 and 92 on paper 2😳😳😳😳😳
(edited 4 years ago)
what were the topics that arose in all the biology, chemistry and physics for the edexcel papers in 2019 !!! just curious what edexcel peeps got !!!! Thnaks
Original post by smith.214
I found it rly easy, I hope i'll get a 9 but dont wanna jinx it. For the ionic equation did u put hydrogen and hydroxyde forms water?

What was on paper 1
What was on chemistry paper 1
Original post by Ksingh231
What was on chemistry paper 1

I can't remember everything, but I'm pretty sure there was one question on chemical and fuel cells at the beginning, which was really easy. There were 2 six markers, one on dynamic equilibrium and another one on identifying metal compounds from their properties, and explaining why its the case. There was a practical question on reversible reactions. There were a few calculation questions, one question on the avogadros constant, which quite a few in my class got wrong. Electroplating and why we use it came up as well.

This is only by memory and is probs a fraction of what came up in total but hope it helps :smile:
Real talk theres no point in cheating for your mocks because you aint gonna get any topics or answers for the real thing. It just gives you false hope and you'll regret it later on
thanks what comes up in the biology and physics?
Original post by Ksingh231
thanks what comes up in the biology and physics?

Hi i just did my biology edexcel mock paper 1 on friday. For biology make sure to revise gonorrhea and how to prevent it(6 marker), inheritance blood groups and punnet squares(6 marker), dna extraction from fruit cells practical(5 marks in total i think), investigation on enzyme concentration and devising a test on how to find the optimum temperature(7 marks in total), process of genetic modification(3 marks), question about bacteria cells becoming resistant to antibiotics(4 marks), role of sensory neurone, role of synapses and myelinated sheaths in the body vs unmyelinated sheaths in the brain(10 marks in total maybe), why classification has changed over time - kingdoms to domains(1 mark), lens used to correct short sightedness, how light rays are read by the eye and function of cones(5 marks), test for reducing sugars(2 marks), loads of maths questions and conversions - mili micro nano pico and know how to write standard form(loads of marks), protein synthesis - translation and transciption(6 marks in total)

It was quite an easy test if u revised and also I CAN REMEMBER A LOT :smile:
ps, if you do the chemistry and pyhsics paper 1 put the questions you remember on here as well, cause i kinda need it
Original post by Helpmeget9s
Hi i just did my biology edexcel mock paper 1 on friday. For biology make sure to revise gonorrhea and how to prevent it(6 marker), inheritance blood groups and punnet squares(6 marker), dna extraction from fruit cells practical(5 marks in total i think), investigation on enzyme concentration and devising a test on how to find the optimum temperature(7 marks in total), process of genetic modification(3 marks), question about bacteria cells becoming resistant to antibiotics(4 marks), role of sensory neurone, role of synapses and myelinated sheaths in the body vs unmyelinated sheaths in the brain(10 marks in total maybe), why classification has changed over time - kingdoms to domains(1 mark), lens used to correct short sightedness, how light rays are read by the eye and function of cones(5 marks), test for reducing sugars(2 marks), loads of maths questions and conversions - mili micro nano pico and know how to write standard form(loads of marks), protein synthesis - translation and transciption(6 marks in total)

ps, if you do the chemistry and pyhsics paper 1 put the questions you remember on here as well, cause i kinda need itw

Was there anything on Specialized cells,stem cells,Tissue culture,Monoclonal antibodies or Cell division? Also ill tell you chem now
Original post by Helpmeget9s

ps, if you do the chemistry and pyhsics paper 1 put the questions you remember on here as well, cause i kinda need it

Fuel Cells at the begging,Isotopes and relative atomic mass,Frac-Distillation, Electrolysis and redox reactions, a half equation on zinc, Metal ores,Atom economy- answer was 56%,empirical formula-answer was A2g,NO TITRATION, all calculations tho (No titration)and 2nd to last question 4 marker was 2000, it was calculation on gas,6 markers on identifying elements A-Copper oxide B-Magnesium C- Something Carbonate D- Copper Carbonate. and last 6 marker on Haber process and rate of equilibrium(Talk about effects of temp and pressure)
Also when do you have the Physics paper 1 ?
do you rember actual answers like any maths ones or multiple choice also did like cardi and Lucy come up also any mahnitication?
Reply 231
Original post by sdknergreg
6 markers:

When size decreases but conc stays the same volume of gas is higher due to there being larger SA:V ratio. this means the particles around it will have more area to work on increasing rate of reaction etc

When size is constant but conc differs, volume of gas increases with higher conc. this is because there are more particles in the same amount of space increasing the chance of a collision of particles and therefore rate of reaction.

other 6 mark:

Aliminium test. Add excess NaOH to differentiate it from caclium ions. it will turn colourless.

Ammonium test. Damp red litmus paper turns blue

Sulfate test. Add dilute HCl and barium chloride. white precipitate forms.

(think most of this is right)

What was the question?
i’ve done this paper, if anyone’s done the bio paper 2 can you message me!
Original post by khadijamustafa

Hi do you do triple biology if so what comes up? Thanks
i’ve got everything that came up in chem p2 and eng lit. can someone tell me bio and physics paper 2
I’ve done it
I’ve done it

i’ve got everything that came up in chem p2 and eng lit. can someone tell me bio and physics paper 2
(Original post by Jackkkkkkl)I’ve done it
Can u tell me Chen 2
Reply 238
Original post by Jackkkkkkl
(Original post by Jackkkkkkl)I’ve done it
Can u tell me Chen 2

I have physics in 2 weeks... Chem in two days please can you tell me the questions
Basically for edexcel chemistry paper 2 gcse triple the topics are:

DONT CHEAT ITS NOT WORTH IT, THESE MOCKS ALLOW U TO GET A GOOD IDEA OF WHERE U R AT

Latest

Trending

Trending