The Student Room Group

How can I improve my CV for this investment banking gig?

XXXX XXX 0XXXX254XXXX | [email protected]
Education 2018-21 University of xxxxx BA (Hons) Economics, Predicted First 2011-18
XXX School A Level English Lit (A); Economics (A); Maths (B), 12 GCSEs, grades A-A*

Relevant experience 2019 Intern, Aon Deepened understanding of how investment consultancy works through work shadowing and attending workshops Improved communication skills by winning a competition that involved writing and presenting a newsletter for clients about their investments to a panel of senior members of the firm Enhanced presentation and public speaking skills through training sessions

2019 Attendee, M&G Prudential insight event Increased my knowledge and passion of the asset management industry by attending presentations Refined relationship-building skills by attending a speed networking event Competed in a trading competition, where teams utilised quarterly financial reports across various industries to make investment decisions within our portfolios (Starlight Management, placed 2nd).

2018 Co-Head, Manchester University Investment and Trading Society Led the investment banking club by giving presentations on various topics, including M&A, valuation, and private equity Wrote weekly newsletters about the financial markets and how current affairs affected firms, raised my commercial awareness

2017 Financial Director, Astrella (a start-up under the Young Enterprise program) Created financial statements of the firm and distributed them to all members every week Provided excellent customer service to maximise sales at our stall at markets Developed financial modelling skills by using Microsoft Excel to build a model predicting sales and profits, which set the financial direction of the firm Made a profit of £500, the most in the young enterprise program at our school

Voluntary work 2019 Treasurer, Access All Areas (widening participating scheme by the university) Monitored the spending of each project and reminding students who have yet to spend their budget, improved management skills Reviewed spending and sharing ideas for future investments and external funding opportunities, showed strong attention to detail Over 400 students from disadvantaged backgrounds attended our inaugural event, feedback was that many felt more motivated to apply for higher education

2018 Journalist, Exposure (charity increasing awareness of issues faced by youth) Created media such as poetry exploring youth loneliness both in print and online, disseminated to a national readership Commended by managers and readers for the high quality of my written work

Skills Languages Fluent in German and Mandarin Technology Expert at Microsoft Office, SPSS and Python

Interests and achievements Fencing, Brown belt karate, Grade 7 Piano, University of XXXX Poetry Award winner
Reply 1
Investment banking gig is a summer scheme at Man group

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending