The Student Room Group

any advice would be appreciated

So I had an offer to go to Warwick for Mathematics, and the offer was A* A* A*. I didn't meet it because I got A* A* A and I missed out on the A* in Further Maths by 2 marks :frown: i got into my firm which is Southampton. I have asked for a remark but right now I need to think about another plans. I was just wondering what the best option for me is because I want to do investment banking however I have heard Southampton isn't one of the top target unis. I was thinking of taking a gap year and applying to top universities, not for maths because they required required A* in FM but other courses computer science(however I believe computer science is difficult without an A* in Further Maths), Physics or Engineering (idrk if I want to do engineering tbh). I am just wondering if it would be worth it?
Reply 1
a remark will not really help as i think the place/offer is already gone

warwick is definitely better than southampton for IB, and there are better schools than warwick, so you'd improve your chances by considering a gap year

but think about what you're throwing away here: a year of your life just to slightly improve your CV

CS without A* FM is fine
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL

warwick is definitely better than southampton for IB, and there are better schools than warwick, so you'd improve your chances by considering a gap year

but think about what you're throwing away here: a year of your life just to slightly improve your CV

CS without A* FM is fine

warwick said they will hold my place until i get a remark so theres that ig.

thank u for outlining these things for me it does help to see both sides
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL

CS without A* FM is fine

also i was wondering if cs without A* in FM is ok for unis like Warwick or better?
Reply 4
Original post by confused127
also i was wondering if cs without A* in FM is ok for unis like Warwick or better?

if its fine for Imperial it's gonna be fine anywhere else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending