The Student Room Group

idk if this is weird

u know when someone dies and you dont feel sad or cry but u just understand how its a shame but you dont wanna express your feelings to anyone beacuse it probably sounds fake if you just say "ah what a shame"

u know...
Original post by RiVeNmahboi
u know when someone dies and you dont feel sad or cry but u just understand how its a shame but you dont wanna express your feelings to anyone beacuse it probably sounds fake if you just say "ah what a shame"

u know...

if its someone you didn't really know, then just telling someone you're sorry for their loss is perfectly acceptable.
Numbness is a perfectly acceptable response to grief. The day my nan died, I went over to a friends house with a bunch of people and played cards against humanity. It was only really after the funeral that I actually processed it and got super upset and stuff. We all react to things like this in different ways, and its okay. Processing the news of someone's death is a very individual thing, depending on your relationship with them and a variety of other factors. This really isn't odd, just do what feels right to you.

Quick Reply

Latest