The Student Room Group

should i stop being friends with this guy

so i have an online friend who is my age (18 in a month) and we have another friend who is 13. we are 5 years older than her. we didnt know she was a girl but when she said she was he started saying how happy he was that there were two girls he could simp over now, and he kept pestering her for her social media and stuff. he's a nice chill person but i found this really creepy. like we could visibly tell she was young by the way she acted and his first instinct was to flirt with her? i confronted him and he apologised and said it was a weird time and he wasn't thinking straight, but i don't know. he does tend to go on incoherent rambles all the time about god knows what so it makes sense he was just joking around as thats expected of him.

regardless, i find it weird. idk if thats a friendship dealbreaker, but in my eyes anyone who flirts with a kid as a near adult is just... idk. i mean illegal to an extent.

for those who think 13 and 18 is an acceptable age gap for a relationship... kindly leave this page
i think you should stop being his friend. this behaviour is very strange from a near 18 year old (even as a "joke"), and the fact he's making you feel uncomfortable should already be a dealbreaker for your friendship ngl
(edited 1 year ago)
If it’s an online friend I don’t think you can really know them
Reply 3
Original post by pockypu
so i have an online friend who is my age (18 in a month) and we have another friend who is 13. we are 5 years older than her. we didnt know she was a girl but when she said she was he started saying how happy he was that there were two girls he could simp over now, and he kept pestering her for her social media and stuff. he's a nice chill person but i found this really creepy. like we could visibly tell she was young by the way she acted and his first instinct was to flirt with her? i confronted him and he apologised and said it was a weird time and he wasn't thinking straight, but i don't know. he does tend to go on incoherent rambles all the time about god knows what so it makes sense he was just joking around as thats expected of him.

regardless, i find it weird. idk if thats a friendship dealbreaker, but in my eyes anyone who flirts with a kid as a near adult is just... idk. i mean illegal to an extent.

for those who think 13 and 18 is an acceptable age gap for a relationship... kindly leave this page

that man is a pedo
Reply 4
With things like this, it's better to end the friendship and be honest without him about WHY his actions are making you feel uncomfortable and essentially what those actions are.
Explain why they're a dealbreaker for you.
From his reaction to your comments, you'll know whether you made the right decision. For example, if he downplays it and says it's nothing or it's just fun. You will know you've made the right decision.
Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by pockypu

I think you need counselling and he need a shiv x
Reply 6
Even as a joke, this behaviour is very weird. You can either support your friend and try to work out why he's doing this and help him. OR, you can just stop being his friend altogether.
I guess it really depends on the relationship you have with him.

Good luck! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending