The Student Room Group

what should i do about him? eek

long story short, me and this guy from my new uni got added to a group chat by someone we both know. he mentioned doing something in music and because music is a big interest of mine i privately messaged him and just asked him some stuff about that.
then we went on talking about marvel, other stuff, uni etc. He is a post-grad and i am guessing about 24-26 ish. he doesnt reveal his real age tho but he is older.
over text he has been a bit idk how to put it flirty? He called me cute and also said he could take me somewhere.
we met up today for the first time and he first complimented my hair, then my rings and also while making a joke briefly touched my leg and also i was explaining something and put a hand to my face to demonstrate and then he did the same thing to my face and put his hand up to my face. it was only for about 20mins coz then i had a class.
and then he messages me saying it was good to meet up and that my outfit looked really stylish and cute etc etc.

IDK the whole thing felt weird like- not only coz he is older but also because i have never really had those kinda attention or compliments said to me so maybe that's it?
It's not creepy but it's weird y'know.
I dunno what his deal is- it seems like he is into me but then he isnt, coz i am younger and he is older it seems more like a 'aww so cute' kinda patronizing thing because i am young ykk.
i dont wanna be inna relationship atm coz i ofc am focusing on uni and just having a great time there yk without getting into crushes, awkwardness and romance etc etc coz i learnt that the hard way in sixth form and it didnt end well and i am still kinda recovering from a heartbreak etc.
I feel scared kinda but not really, it's just weird all over. i feel kinda dumb coz i am the 1 who made the first contact but only coz of the interest in music shared and i thought 'oh music mate' and i thought he was my age but clearly not.
At the same time i wanna say yk i'm not interested but then if i say that he may come back with oh it wasnt romantically intended anyway and then its awkward or i would feel bad for rejecting him coz ik how it feels and i wouldnt wanna make someone feel horrible about themselves like that yk.
I messaged him back saying yk 'thanks and i'll see u around etc' and (this is gonna sound bad) but i am hoping he kinda forgets and we dont see each other for a while.
IDKKK the whole thing is weird and i dunno how to handle it.
i feel like i need to find a way to uncharm him and 'turn him off' somehow but idk what.

Any suggestions???

Ty :smile: <3
Go ahead and have an amazing sexual adventure with him.
Original post by Anonymous
long story short, me and this guy from my new uni got added to a group chat by someone we both know. he mentioned doing something in music and because music is a big interest of mine i privately messaged him and just asked him some stuff about that.
then we went on talking about marvel, other stuff, uni etc. He is a post-grad and i am guessing about 24-26 ish. he doesnt reveal his real age tho but he is older.
over text he has been a bit idk how to put it flirty? He called me cute and also said he could take me somewhere.
we met up today for the first time and he first complimented my hair, then my rings and also while making a joke briefly touched my leg and also i was explaining something and put a hand to my face to demonstrate and then he did the same thing to my face and put his hand up to my face. it was only for about 20mins coz then i had a class.
and then he messages me saying it was good to meet up and that my outfit looked really stylish and cute etc etc.

IDK the whole thing felt weird like- not only coz he is older but also because i have never really had those kinda attention or compliments said to me so maybe that's it?
I dunno what his deal is- it seems like he is into me but then he isnt, coz i am younger and he is older it seems more like a 'aww so cute' kinda patronizing thing because i am young ykk.
i dont wanna be inna relationship atm coz i ofc am focusing on uni and just having a great time there yk without getting into crushes, awkwardness and romance etc etc coz i learnt that the hard way in sixth form and it didnt end well and i am still kinda recovering from a heartbreak etc.
I feel scared kinda but not really, it's just weird all over. i feel kinda dumb coz i am the 1 who made the first contact but only coz of the interest in music shared and i thought 'oh music mate' and i thought he was my age but clearly not.
At the same time i wanna say yk i'm not interested but then if i say that he may come back with oh it wasnt romantically intended anyway and then its awkward or i would feel bad for rejecting him coz ik how it feels and i wouldnt wanna make someone feel horrible about themselves like that yk.
I messaged him back saying yk 'thanks and i'll see u around etc' and (this is gonna sound bad) but i am hoping he kinda forgets and we dont see each other for a while.
i feel like i need to find a way to uncharm him and 'turn him off' somehow but idk what.

Any suggestions???

Look, if you don't want to pursue him or have any desire for him - don't initiate anything, lead him on or do anything you'll regret.
But, if you do want to, then go for it. Learn from your past mistakes and grow from it. You live life once so if hes showing interest in you, and you like him - go for it.
How old are you? If you're like around 19/20 then the age gap is weird if he's 26 - if he's scraping 24 then its less weird but still weird as your both in different stages in your study/life.
If you dont want anything to do with him, start just replying slowly and more slowly and he might get bored or get the hint.

Any suggestions???

Older men are far more attractive, get with him

Any suggestions???

Set some boundaries like if you feel uncomfortable and I mean if you like it you like it you don’t have to date him but it might be nice so you can get over your ex and not everything is abt uni
Original post by Anonymous #1

Any suggestions???

Hi, I don't think you should 'just get on with him'. If you feel weird about it, then it'd your gut feeling telling you to back off and put boundaries. Also not all post grads are 24-26ish, some can be even older. Him hiding is age is very very suspicious. And what decent man touches a woman first meeting like that? Umm he's giving very sus vibes and I suggest you keep a distance from him if you don't feel good about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending