The Student Room Group

does anyone not watch TV and look down on those who do ?

Does anyone her actually not watch TV , and find it pointless.

TV is meant to keep you working class, so you compare yourself to others whilst you work an average job at about 10 pound an hour.
I mean, it's a way people make conversation. Some stuff on TV's also pretty good, but I'm more of a person who plays video games rather than watches TV.

It's fair to see that most stuff on TV's quite naff, but if people watch TV much more than me then it's not really my problem. Let them enjoy what they like to do, right? :P
Don't blame people who are not watching TV, the most of what is aired today is a big trash. So even I have my days on which my TV is off. Books are my priority by now.
Original post by Nalk1573
TV is meant to keep you working class, so you compare yourself to others whilst you work an average job at about 10 pound an hour.

This has got to be the biggest load of boIIocks I've read on TSR all week so far, and that's saying a f***ing lot :rofl:
Reply 4

This blanket statement is such a stupid thing to say. Everyone watches TV nowadays regardless of background and education.

The link you mean to imply is between working class and people who watch **** like Love Island and Big Brother. Most of us don’t. Most young people nowadays who want to broaden their minds will watch TV for news, documentaries and intelligent dramas.
I don't watch it at all but I don't look down on people who do. Just cos I see how damaging something is isn't doesn't mean I should feel superior to people who indulge in it.
I don't watch TV but I luckily don't share your philosophy either.

I don't find it fun and don't look down on people who do.
lol f*** off

I don't really watch TV much, but I definitely do not look down on those that do. Why would I feel superior?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9

Lmao, working class?

The queen is known to watch TV.
Don't feed the troll
I know plenty of people like this :lol:
I don't watch TV but I don't look down on those that do; to a lot of lonely older people a television is their only connection to the outside world

Quick Reply

Latest