The Student Room Group

T-Levels equivalent to A*A*A*

I was so angry when I saw the BBC article saying a distinction in some silly new T-level system would be equivalent to 3 A*s in A-Level. There were so few categories involved in the grading of T-Levels that it will undoubtedly lead to grade inflation. I wanted to know what your thoughts on it were?
Reply 1
They’re clearly not equivalent, they just have the same number of UCAS points. Why does that matter?
Reply 2
Original post by Notnek
They’re clearly not equivalent, they just have the same number of UCAS points. Why does that matter?

I was unsure about whether when applying to universities I should be doing T-Levels instead of A-Levels
I think horses for courses. I’m predicted 3a* at a level but would fail a t level. I think they’re different but don’t think that it should necessarily matter
Reply 4
Why would a T Level be 'silly'? It's supposedly a great technical qualification that gives people who aren't academic a nice chance to show their vocational skills.

If I've misconstrued the message you're trying to send by describing a T Level as silly, please do tell me what you meant.
Reply 5
Original post by Tolgarda
Why would a T Level be 'silly'? It's supposedly a great technical qualification that gives people who aren't academic a nice chance to show their vocational skills.

If I've misconstrued the message you're trying to send by describing a T Level as silly, please do tell me what you meant.

By that, I meant the addition of a new system. It confuses many people like me and complicates the system of applying to university. Along with the grading of it being too categoric which will ultimately result in grade inflation.
What's silly about it? It looks like a good alternative to a levels. Not sure how it confuses you because it's clearly different to the other choices so it shouldn't be hard to work out which one is right for you. Complicates the system of applying to uni? A bit perhaps, but that's more a problem for the unis. Grade inflation? Not necessarily. They can always cap the number of people getting the higher categories.
Reply 7
Oh well thanks for the information anyhow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending