The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: i am going to get so angry it the exam asks to draw compicated shapes and guess structures of isomers, most things from mod4 i hate
Reply 2
Haha, yeah, and mechanisms. I'll cry if i have to drag any of those up from the depths of my memory
Cass xxx
Reply 3
hopefully this wont be so bad, 72marks on mod5 n like 12 marks each on mods 1,2,3,4,5 on the paper adding up2 120. so only so much they can ask from mod4
Reply 4
i mean 12 marks each on mod 1,2,3,4
Dreading it.

... I should be revising. kbye
Reply 6
Rachyy-Lou
any tips of how to excell at Chem 6]

It's not really a 'tip' as such, but it might help if you're rushed for time (our teacher thought it was worth pointing out anyway).

All you need to do for the final half of module 6 is see if the 2nd and 4th answers are correct. You don't actually need to figure out whether answer 1 + 3 are correct if you know for certain whether 2 + 4 are right/wrong- you get the right ABC or D with solely answers 2 and 4. :smile:
Reply 7
Is cobra right about the mod 5 synoptics being 12 marks from each?
Reply 8
crill
Is cobra right about the mod 5 synoptics being 12 marks from each?

I sure hope not...because thats loads!
Cass xxx
Reply 9
well i think 2/5 of mod 5 is synoptic, so around 48 marks alltogether for mods 1+2+3+4, which comes to 12 each, but of course the marks will be spread out disproportioanlly
Reply 10
There will be mechanisms. Well I cant be certain but I just think there will be.
Reply 11
yea almost all the time theres a mechanism, from module3 or 4,
Reply 12
bump :biggrin:
Reply 13
we should keep this thread goin!

ANybody got some advice on what is most important to know really well (synoptic 1,2,3,4)

Thanks
Reply 14
Does any one else find unit 6 really too short? 60 mins for 40 questions? :eek:
Reply 15
module 3 and 4 - Mechanisms.
Modele1 - last years paper asked about electronegativity but not in synoptic section.
Reply 16
ye the mechanisms are worth so much!!! and yes i find the mod 6 way too short
Reply 17
mechanisms are greaat..easy more marks !:smile:
Reply 18
Suggestions:

Module 1
- empirical formulae
- ideal gas equation (and its units)
- avogadro constant
- ionic/convalent/coordinate bonding
- electronegativity

Module 2
- Hess' Law
- Mean bond enthalpies and deltaH
- Group VII (Halogens) reactions
- Extraction of Metals
- Le Chateliers principle
- Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution curve

Module 3
- Thermal and catalytic cracking
- Free-radical substitution (chlorine in UV light)
- Electrophilic addition to alkenes, mechanisms
- Nucleophilic substitution to haloalkanes, mechanisms
- Alcohols, including preparation methods

If anyone can add to this, great :smile:
Reply 19
Icy_Mikki
It's not really a 'tip' as such, but it might help if you're rushed for time (our teacher thought it was worth pointing out anyway).

All you need to do for the final half of module 6 is see if the 2nd and 4th answers are correct. You don't actually need to figure out whether answer 1 + 3 are correct if you know for certain whether 2 + 4 are right/wrong- you get the right ABC or D with solely answers 2 and 4. :smile:

you know it doesnt have to be 2 and 4, it can be 2 and any other number. always start with 2 as its the crucial one that affects all the options

Latest

Trending

Trending