The Student Room Group

Alternative ways of getting onto a Vet Nursing course at Uni

Hey everyone,

so basically me being stupid, I didn't choose any science A levels even though I've now decided I want to go into vet nursing.

So far, the only uni I've found that I have a chance of getting into is Middlesex University as they offer a foundation year. The entry requirements only ask for 48 UCAS points from any A levels (obviously science would be preferred) and then I also need 140 hours of work experience which I've already started.

Does anyone know of any other unis that offer vet nursing courses that I'd be able to get into? Or any other pathways to vet nursing, although I do really want to experience the uni life.
Original post by Hybr1d
Hey everyone,

so basically me being stupid, I didn't choose any science A levels even though I've now decided I want to go into vet nursing.

So far, the only uni I've found that I have a chance of getting into is Middlesex University as they offer a foundation year. The entry requirements only ask for 48 UCAS points from any A levels (obviously science would be preferred) and then I also need 140 hours of work experience which I've already started.

Does anyone know of any other unis that offer vet nursing courses that I'd be able to get into? Or any other pathways to vet nursing, although I do really want to experience the uni life.

Moved to the vet med forum :smile:
Original post by Hybr1d
Hey everyone,

Personally I think the diploma route produces better nurses than the degree route, have a look here at the routes available https://animalowners.rcvs.org.uk/veterinary-careers/i-want-to-be-a-veterinary-nurse/training-routes/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending