The Student Room Group

Work experience in personal statement

Hello, do I need to have some kind of written proof of a two week internship at a company in order to mention it in my personal statement?
That’s funny because I asked my teacher the same question today. The answer is no because universities would ask you about what you did if you have an interview, also your teachers are the ones who do your references and not the company you did your placement at. And also there is no point lying because you might expose yourself if you are asked about it and have no idea how to answer :smile:
No.
Reply 3
Original post by Debbierayy
That’s funny because I asked my teacher the same question today. The answer is no because universities would ask you about what you did if you have an interview, also your teachers are the ones who do your references and not the company you did your placement at. And also there is no point lying because you might expose yourself if you are asked about it and have no idea how to answer :smile:

Okay I get it now. I wasn’t meaning to lie. I was assigned a project by the company and I mostly worked at home and then presented it there. I’m not sure I can get written proof of that but it seems like it’s ok. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending