The Student Room Group

Personal statement plagarism

I sent my Ucas application and made some changes before sending it and forgot to plagarise check the new ps I did. When I ran it through a Plagarism checker I got 5% plagarised from some article/pdf I've never even seen in my life. Would this count as plagiarism and also how much % is considered plagiarism

Edit: Nothing happened it wasnt flagged or anything so all is well
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Koffevibez
I sent my Ucas application and made some changes before sending it and forgot to plagarise check the new ps I did. When I ran it through a Plagarism checker I got 5% plagarised from some article/pdf I've never even seen in my life. Would this count as plagiarism and also how much % is considered plagiarism

If it's all genuinely your own personal statement, then it's a waste of time doing a plagiarism check - because you know it's not plagiarised.

UCAS perform a similarity check, but they set the percentage quite high because they obviously receive thousands of personal statements for each subject every year, and there are only so many ways to say, "I really want to be a vet" (or whatever). Your 5% isn't going to raise any eyebrows whatsoever.
Reply 2

It’s flagged as suspicious once it reaches the 30% similarity mark so yours will be fine
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
If it's all genuinely your own personal statement, then it's a waste of time doing a plagiarism check - because you know it's not plagiarised.

UCAS perform a similarity check, but they set the percentage quite high because they obviously receive thousands of personal statements for each subject every year, and there are only so many ways to say, "I really want to be a vet" (or whatever). Your 5% isn't going to raise any eyebrows whatsoever.

thing is i used some ideas from other personal statements but added my own experiences
thing is i used some ideas from other personal statements but added my own experiences

Oh. :frown:

I did the same .. did yours get flagged
Reply 6
Original post by Nicole.Murphy
I did the same .. did yours get flagged

Nope it was perfectly fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending