The Student Room Group

Law

Guys im doing law undergrad degree next year and im currently studying btec applied science. I am struggling to do my personal statement because i have no experience in a law related subject - any tips?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by rida886
Guys im doing law undergrad degree next year and im currently studying btec applied science. I am struggling to do my personal statement because i have no experience in a law related subject - any tips?

Hi there @rida886

It is nice to hear that you are already thinking about University options.

One thing that you could try is talking and reflecting on any work experience. There are bound to be transferable skills which you can demonstrate in your personal statement. For example: communication, attention to detail. (Look at what skills the University that you are applying to values). It will help you when writing your personal statement.

I believe there is still some time to boost your application (before you have to submit your personal statement). Things that you could do would include having a look at any law webinars that are upcoming. Joining ones that you are interested and reflecting on the topic can be really useful.

Alternatively, I would recommend trying out virtual work experiences on https://www.theforage.com/. It would give you a good insight into the legal field. (Whilst in person legal work experience may be desirable, I think Universities understand that this can be difficult to find, so showcasing your interest through different means will help you application.)

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there @rida886

It is nice to hear that you are already thinking about University options.

One thing that you could try is talking and reflecting on any work experience. There are bound to be transferable skills which you can demonstrate in your personal statement. For example: communication, attention to detail. (Look at what skills the University that you are applying to values). It will help you when writing your personal statement.

I believe there is still some time to boost your application (before you have to submit your personal statement). Things that you could do would include having a look at any law webinars that are upcoming. Joining ones that you are interested and reflecting on the topic can be really useful.

Alternatively, I would recommend trying out virtual work experiences on https://www.theforage.com/. It would give you a good insight into the legal field. (Whilst in person legal work experience may be desirable, I think Universities understand that this can be difficult to find, so showcasing your interest through different means will help you application.)

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Thank you soo much, this was very helpful 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending