The Student Room Group

Oxford Written Work for History -- help please!

Hi! I'm reapplying to Oxford for History and Politics (2020 entry) and am currently enrolled at another uni. I'm confused about what written work to consider sending in. The website says it should be a history essay. Advice usually says to send in something interesting or whatever but none of my written work is because we only attempted past paper questions during A Level. I won't have done any written work at uni until December which is way after the deadline so I'm considering sending in an essay from my school exam (I scored 28/30) and it's on the French revolution -- standard CIE stuff.

Is that okay? It won't harm my chances or anything right? My school never made us write essays for fun or anything so I don't really have much else to offer them.
Oxford University's admission process take a lot into consideration, so no one aspect is overbearingly important. However, the written work may well form a springboard for discussion at your interview should you be shortlisted, so make sure you keep a copy for your own reference and choose something you're interested and fairly knowledgeable about! The written work should demonstrates your analytical, reasoning, language and writing skills - this is what the college will be looking at when they read your submission.

Should you have any more questions, contact the college that you are applying to and they will advise further.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending