The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How much work do you have to do at Durham University?

I've seen threads regarding this for Oxbridge - was just wondering how the average weekly workload for students at Durham University compared?

Reply 1
Obligatory: I'm not a Durham student, nor am I a University student (yet).

I have, however, spent many nights watching both Oxbridge and Durham vloggers, so I'll try to give you some sort of answer until someone more qualified can take over.

As you may know, many see Durham as the University for Oxford rejects; this is sort of a myth (but sort of not), and in this regard it can be assumed that the workload would be somewhat similar.

It's definitely worth doing a quick Google search for your subject, then check on the Uni's website for the amount of contact hours, supervisions if applicable, etc. and that might help give you a clue in comparison to Oxbridge.

From what I can tell, it's more than the average Uni (provided you're doing a conventional subject like English) though not quite as difficult as Oxbridge.

Either way, you will definitely have to work hard, and it won't be easy, if that's what you're wondering.

I hope this helped somewhat.

Have a nice evening!

:smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Depends on the subject and year, though I can't imagine it being too different from other Russell Group unis apart from Oxbridge.

Quick Reply

Latest