Reply 41
6th Form,
Army Officer for 10-15 years (unless I look like getting CGS),
Leave and go into politics,
PM of the UK at about 40,
Dictator of the UK about 45-50

That's the plan anyway...
Reply 42
When I was 14 I had the plan to go to university and study economics, do a master, a PHD and then work in the city. When I was 16 I completely disagreed with that plan and now at 18 I don't know what I am going to do.
Reply 43
Yup, I had my life planned out at 14. So far, Ive stuck to it. :biggrin:
Reply 44
I should really make a plan.
My plan at 16:

1. Get 11 A*s at GCSE
2. Get 4 As at A level (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, French)
3. Get into Newcastle to do a degree in Medicine
4. Become amazing hot-shot doctor, curing cancer and AIDS

My plan now (at 18) after not getting 11 A*s and realising that I hate the sight of blood and don't really care that much about helping people:

1. Get 5 As at A level (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, History)
2. Get degree in Physics and Philosophy
3. Get PHD in Physics
4. Invent time machine (possibly winning Nobel prize in process)
5. Travel back in time to the 1940s and marry Cary Grant :love:

As you can see, my plans have not changed much in two years :ninja:
- Get a maths degree
- Stay out of jail
Audrey Hepburn
My plan at 16:

1. Get 11 A*s at GCSE
2. Get 4 As at A level (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, French)
3. Get into Newcastle to do a degree in Medicine
4. Become amazing hot-shot doctor, curing cancer and AIDS

My plan now (at 18) after not getting 11 A*s and realising that I hate the sight of blood and don't really care that much about helping people:

1. Get 5 As at A level (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, History)
2. Get degree in Physics and Philosophy
3. Get PHD in Physics
4. Invent time machine (possibly winning Nobel prize in process)
5. Travel back in time to the 1940s and marry Cary Grant :love:

As you can see, my plans have not changed much in two years :ninja:

Interesting, i wonder why lots of people on this forum want to do medicine so much.
I think you need a plan for something to aim for like a goal you can achieve and it makes it easier when you're going through tough times to know what you want out of it, instead of saying ' why the hell am I putting myself through all of this.... for what am I doing this for?'
Peter121PRO
Interesting, i wonder why lots of people on this forum want to do medicine so much.

I loved Scrubs...
Reply 50
Amm0
You might be fogetting most of Australia is actually desert :p:

So the actual populuation/sq km would be much higher, although still a little lower than our cities.

Haha, true, but I'd take the desert over the inner city any day of the week :redface:

Oh, I want to study law at Oxford; but I will probably end up studying something else, in somewhere else..
I knew I wanted to go to a certain college and that was all I had figured out at 16. At 18, I knew I wanted to do history at uni somewhere. Currently, at 20, I know I have the next year sorted and then I'm considering doing my masters or some other postgrad degree. I've never had a firm life plan, just rough ideas that keep me busy.
I knew which uni I wanted to go to but not which degree I wanted to do :p: Now at 17 I think I have made up my mind on an uni course, otherwise not much progress.
I want an orange grove in the south of France, or a bookshop.

:smile:
Get GCSE results, do A-levels, go to Uni, get a job (airline pilot?), buy a smallholding, buy sheep, goats, muscovy ducks & more chickens & employ someone (if I don't have a husband!) to take care of them when I have to be abroad for work.
No matter what you plan when you are young, I can guarantee that it will not run smoothly and you'll probably end up doing something totally different. Life has a way of making its own plans, people come into your life, you fall in love, experience heartbrake, and suddenly you find yourself on strange new roads, you might end up travelling the world, touring with a band, hopping from one place to another, meeting new people, people who could change your life entirely. Then youre confused, your life has no meaning, no clear path, all the dreams you dreamed all those years ago have become a distant memory until suddenly you stop to think for a minuite - take a breath, you need to get your life back to some formality...so you start making a plan, yes another plan, deja vu?
9 Liverpool's Number
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans.

:biggrin: *high 5* Couldn't have put it better myself. Fancy joining my Beatles soc?
Hmm, yeah. Nothing ever works out like you'd expect. A few years ago I was planning to be a liguist working in international banking, but now I can't imagine doing anything else but Physics. As for the lifestyle and everything.. who knows! Take any opportunities that float your way, don't stay fixated on the one plan.

.. edit again.. it's nice to have goals, though.. like, something to strive for.
I'm 16 and yes I have planned out the next 10 years for me academically. I'll do my undergraduate degree here in the US majoring in Sociology, then go to the UK and follow the CPE/GDL followed by LPC then TC and finally solicitor. If that actually happens? Only time will tell. :p:

Edit: I'd like to add that I've always wanted to study in the UK since I was 11, and become a lawyer since I was 8 and 5-8 years later I still want to do these things.
I've always had my end ambition to aim at, but have had many different plans of how to get there over the years, and they change with circumstances. I was going to train for a year to get my ATPL, but I cant afford it and the industrys gone crap at the moment for jobs, stuff that cant be helped, I then got a full time job packing sainsburys shelves overnight and thought I could pay that way, but after a month I hated it so much I accepted my offers and decided on uni for now and I'm really looking forward to it. I've now began to realise, yeah I want to fly airlines, but there is plenty of time I just want to enjoy me time leading up to that.

Its good that you know what you want to do, theres people I know at 18, who have even picked there uni courses and still dont know what they want to do for a living, and I personally think there wouldnt be anything worse than that. Have your ambition, theres nothing better, it motivates you to do well, but dont be suprised if the plan gets altered a bit, especially since your only 16. You do seem to have your head screwed on properly mind!
gcses>as levels>a2 levels>uni>job + life > death

Latest

Trending

Trending