The Student Room Group

Industrial economics at Nottingham

I take maths, economics and accounting at A level. I am predicted ABB (with the A in economics). My gcses are decent with all ranging from 6 to 9 including a 9 in maths. My references are pretty standard however my maths teacher did say I underperformed in year 12 but have turned it around this year. My personal statement is also decent. Do you think it’s worth applying for this competitive AAB course. I know if I work hard I can achieve AAB but I’m just worried my predicteds are too low. Thanks!
Original post by JGoosey2002
I take maths, economics and accounting at A level. I am predicted ABB (with the A in economics). My gcses are decent with all ranging from 6 to 9 including a 9 in maths. My references are pretty standard however my maths teacher did say I underperformed in year 12 but have turned it around this year. My personal statement is also decent. Do you think it’s worth applying for this competitive AAB course. I know if I work hard I can achieve AAB but I’m just worried my predicteds are too low. Thanks!

I do this course and I'd say there's no harm giving it a go! I've met people that got offers with predicted grades ranging from A*AA to ABB. The typical offer is AAB but there are people that received ABB offers in the past (e.g. if they were the first in the family to apply to uni).
Reply 2
Original post by Patagonia
I do this course and I'd say there's no harm giving it a go! I've met people that got offers with predicted grades ranging from A*AA to ABB. The typical offer is AAB but there are people that received ABB offers in the past (e.g. if they were the first in the family to apply to uni).

Thanks for the reply! I would not be the first from my family to go to uni and I’d definitely be happy to get an AAB offer. It’s just I saw that the average successful applicant got AAB and thought they might just look over me without looking at anything else. Guess I’ll just try, I’ve got 3 other unis that my predicted grades should be good enough for :smile:
Original post by JGoosey2002
Thanks for the reply! I would not be the first from my family to go to uni and I’d definitely be happy to get an AAB offer. It’s just I saw that the average successful applicant got AAB and thought they might just look over me without looking at anything else. Guess I’ll just try, I’ve got 3 other unis that my predicted grades should be good enough for :smile:

Great :smile:. My guess is that they'll still consider you since predicted grades aren't 100% reliable, but that you'd likely get an AAB offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending