The Student Room Group

A level maths

Can someone give me tip on trying to get an A* in maths? i'm resitting my exams in may/june.
Hello, I got A* in Mathematics and I think I may be able to suggest a few points based on how I achieved it.
First, read through the textbook, make sure you understand every single concept, then do the practice questions at the end of each chapter.
Secondly, do past paper. It helps to find problems that haven't come across on the textbook but somehow being tested in the previous exams.
Finally, when doing the exams, make sure you allocate your time wisely, don't lose marks due to bad time management.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by danni3104
Hello, I got A* in Mathematics and I think I may be able to suggest a few points based on how I achieved it.
First, read through the textbook, make sure you understand every single concept, then do the practice questions at the end of each chapter.
Secondly, do past paper. It helps to find problems that haven't come across on the textbook but somehow being tested in the previous exams.
Finally, when doing the exams, make sure you allocate your time wisely, don't lose marks due to bad time management.

Good luck :smile:

Did you do the new a level maths?, do you know good online resources?
I did my a level before 2017, so I believe it is the old version. However, the maths theory is always the same.I found the physics and maths tutor did help my revision. Here is the link. I used the same strategy to get A* for further mathematics. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest