The Student Room Group

What is the biggest red flag about your clothing style?

Scroll to see replies

Currently... My several pairs of Christmas socks 😂😂. I've been wearing them since November first ✌️
Original post by Dunya
Well I’m sorry those are the only types of girls you see. 😂 On the other hand, there are some of us who have never worn a tracksuit in our lives.

True 🤣🤣
Short skirts, boots & bare legs. Most of the comments I get about how I dress are positive but I'm sure some people make assumptions about me and it can attract the wrong sort of attention. I've also had a few people mention that some of the things I wear look expensive and I have a lot of different outfits so assume I must spend a fortune on clothes when I really don't. I do most of my shopping online & I'm just good at seeking out the best deals/ bargains:smile:

Original post by londonmyst
It's the pervs fault they won't keep their groping hands to themselves. :angry:

If your fingers wandered off in the direction of my stocking covered legs, you'd find yourself a very traumatised male.
After being on the receiving side of some very high pitched howling, krav maga moves and 5-6 inch heels .
Along with my personal injury claim- for psychological trauma and damage to my feelings (maybe heels too). :biggrin:

I've mostly managed to avoid groping or anything like that [apart from an incident in my teens which left me really shaken up] but being stared at or guys making comments about my legs happens now & again. I know how I dress stands out from the crowd & I can expect a few looks but when someone thinks it's OK to sit there staring at my bare thighs I'll make it obvious I've noticed which usually results in them making a very unconvincing attempt to look like they weren't doing anything. If anyone did try anything physical I could probably do some damage with my boots if I had to.

Original post by MkBabbler
I wear bow ties, suspenders, and a pocket watch.
I'm a female.

Sounds like an interesting look. I like it when people go for a style that's unique or unconventional and bowties can look good on women.
Example- Janelle Monae:smile:
original.png

Original post by study beats
I dress like a carrot in public

Are you related to this guy by any chance?:biggrin:
PRI_901076271-e1571641338616.jpg
I dress mostly in denim jeans and my sister would say hey Mom he is wearing that jeans from 8 years without washing it.
The fact I don't look good in any outfit
Still trying (unsuccessfully) to shake off a bit of a PSB look.
I was mistaken for a prostitute in Reeperbahn (Hamburg's red light district) six months ago. So maybe I unintentionally give off the impression that I'm easy. :dontknow: I just like transparent and heavily distressed garments.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by sinfonietta
I was mistaken for a prostitute in Reeperbahn (Hamburg's red light district) six months ago. So maybe I unintentionally give off the impression that I'm easy. :dontknow: I just like transparent and heavily distressed garments.

On the theme of RLD stories: I got put on my arse in a biker bar in Amsterdam's RLD because some drunk Dutch bloke mistook me for his mate with whom he had earlier argued :laugh:

My pride was dented and my chin sore, ha
Flannel and jeans :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest