The Student Room Group

Was I sexually abused as a child?

I remember that as a baby like around 5-6 years old, I had the habit of putting my hands in my panties. I also tried to explore myself with a guy friend too when I was around 6 or 7 years old.

I think I had also tried to put things in myself while being 7 or 8 years old.

My mom had told me that they had a male caretaker who used to take care of me when she wasn't around. She had told me once that when she entered the room, she saw that the caretaker was changing my clothes when I was 4.

Could this mean something??, I'm asking this because I don't remember anything myself but I do realise that this was weird?
Yes,it deos mean something
Reply 2
If you had a caretaker who was doing his job I don't entirely think this means you were sexually abused unless he was doing anything apart from changing you. If you had a separate thing with exploring your body I don't entirely see the connection between that and this. If there's more to the story then I'm definitely wrong but I don't think it means sumn
are your boy or girl?
it does depend, sexual behaviour at a young age, is deemed "inappropriate" (don't want to offend people but it's often a red flag) sometimes kids can just be kids, other symptoms do tend to appear as we get older- there's somatic sensory pain that individuals get when their body catches up with processing the emotions, it also depends on a variety of factors based on how you interact with individuals, what kind of emotional mechanisms of coping you have and lots more evidence might be needed to fully know if something has happened to you, also trust your body- sounds crazy but sometimes we get the subconscious part of ourselves to get our body to react even though we ourselves might know it, if your body's telling you something listen, or listen to your gut instinct :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending