The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The spelling checker with Firefox is fantastic, 'cause my spelling is normally pretty dreadful. of course I use it, although I don't use any kind of grammar checker.
I don't use it, generally because I don't use long words that I wouldn't know how to spell :p:
Reply 42
No, it's only a forum.
no I don't - this is why I lack in capital letters all the time lol

(I type with one hand due to always having Alex on my knee, so I get slack with capitals).
No, I am quite confident my spelling is alright. And if it isn't I can at least say it's not my fault, English isn't my mother tongue :biggrin:

Agreed.

Apart from the mother tongue bit :p:
Nope. I dont particularly make an effort for tsr.
Reply 46
my firefox used to do that.. it doesn't anymore.
No, I don't use a spellchecker. My spelling is good. The only mistakes I make are typos where I miss spaces and stuff, because I'm typing on a laptop at a funny angle. I normally go back and check I haven't done that though.
Reply 48
installedpear
It was scary when in exams I would write a word, move my pen and in my head I'd wait to see if a little red line came underneath - i wasn't *totally* crazy - it was just habit that my mind would spell a word - pause and wait for verification through a red squiggle.

*shudder*

Hahaha, me too. It's weird. I also often want to press Ctrl+F to find parts of essays that I want to check over.
Ramadulla
use a grammar/spell checker?

I mean the ones that are built within the actual web-browser i.e. Firefox.

Do you think this is a valid and legitimate way? Do you think this is fair?

Discuss :yep:.

~Ramadulla.

Nope
Reply 50
Nah, unless you're a complete and utter ******, you can usually suss out my typos.
solo2wolf
wtf are you on about "is it fair"!? its not a ****ing game! do you smile when you see someone else make a mistake and like mark a scoreboard or some ****? seriously id be interested to know just how pathetic a TSR member can be (ive seen some pretty sad **** here, a recent example is the thread Profesh started on Tyler Durden). i hope my grammar didnt give you a heart attack btw (coz i iz wel laze innit).

I can't tell who you are having a 'dig' at?
I didn't even realise Firefox has a spellchecker.
Reply 53
If I've made a mistake/haven't included something I meant to, then I just edit it after I've posted.
Spellchecking takes too long.
Reply 54
Ramadulla
use a grammar/spell checker?

I mean the ones that are built within the actual web-browser i.e. Firefox.

Do you think this is a valid and legitimate way? Do you think this is fair?

Discuss :yep:.

~Ramadulla.

Tell me, why on earth couldn't "use a grammar/spell checker?" have been part of the title???
Reply 55
No I just proof read, but if I feel lazy I just post =p
No. But I do generally check my spelling/grammar manually, as I'm an arse like that!
Reply 57
Nope, I never do. Too bloody lazy, and even though my spelling and grammar isn't 100%, I don't think it's that bad.
SillyFencer
Tell me, why on earth couldn't "use a grammar/spell checker?" have been part of the title???

The thread wouldn't have been as popular then. :p:
'Fair'? 'Valid and legitimate'? All I want to do is post on a forum, not take part in some crazy competition against an unforeseen spelling governing body.

Latest

Trending

Trending