The Student Room Group

Death And Life

Hey folks, hope your okay.

I was thinking about life and death the other day, as you do on the bus. What is your thoughts on having to die and not come back again? Does this worry you? How would you deal with it once your told you have 6 weeks left to live for instance, would you be in great anxiety or just try to carry on?

I still feel i would have great fear about death, but i am only young. Do you feel one day Cryonics will work and frozen humans will be able to be brought back to life again?

I dont want to live forever i just feel so many people die young and should be able to use Cryonics and have another chance at life. I lost a good friend of mine at 16 and it really shocked me. Sorry for the slightly depressing post.
I don't fear death. I don't fear it because I don't believe it's the end. It's only a transition. This life is but a dream, and when we die, we ''wake up'' so to speak.
Getting anxiety sometime while thinking about death is normal. You need to understand that “Death isn’t the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live”. Talking about religion might sound boring but the purpose of religion is not to tell you about this life. It’s there to tell you what is going to happen after death. Doing a little research can help a person with the curiosity he might have about death.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by JoshDarnIt_2.0
I don't fear death. I don't fear it because I don't believe it's the end. It's only a transition. This life is but a dream, and when we die, we ''wake up'' so to speak.

I agree
Don't worry about death, the afterlife and fear. :smile:
Life is too short.
Focus on learning about the world, creating as many happy memories as possible and doing as much good in your life as you can.

You can't control life after death or even prove the existence of the afterlife.
But you do choose how you live your life, how you behave towards others and the type of memories people have of you.

Quick Reply

Latest