The Student Room Group

Is this considered ec

My grandma passed away abroad and I was wondering if this is considered ec. This happened abroad so I’m not sure what evidence would be considered legitimate to use.
I have uni exams soon and the beareavment was recent, I’m just not sure if the evidence I can provide is sufficient
Reply 1
It could be consider EC but you would need proof e.g. letter from the doctor/hospital confirming the death.
Reply 2
Would a death certificate be valid?
Original post by Anonymous
Would a death certificate be valid?

Hello,

Yes this would be considered an ec, and a death certificate should be valid. I would also obtain a letter from the doctor to back up the ec application.

My best wishes.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador
Firstly, im sorry for your loss.

Only you know the depth of your relationship & what impact this will have on your exams.

If it happened within a couple/few weeks of exams you likely have a good chance the university will allow you to use resit examinations in the summer as your first attempt, depending on the uni’s policy.

Generally unis have fairly strict policies on this (and may require evidence) because without such a process unfortunately some people do abuse the EC system. Id check your university handbook or website for details & if you want to go down this route speak to your tutor.

I would generally say delaying your examinations will make life tougher as you’ll have to use your summer going through them all so you won’t get a nice break from your studies, however if you feel you won’t be able to prepare for the exams whilst your grieving then that is also understandable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending