The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Application to Lincoln as a transfer student

Hello,
I'm an American university student interested in applying for University of Lincoln, studying International Relations. Specifically in my case, I've already completed two years of university here in the U.S. but I understand UK course credits are not the same. In regards to that, how long does it approximately take for the university to make a decision on an application for an international student? I've already applied last month but I'm only curious!
Original post by wplantz2
Hello,
I'm an American university student interested in applying for University of Lincoln, studying International Relations. Specifically in my case, I've already completed two years of university here in the U.S. but I understand UK course credits are not the same. In regards to that, how long does it approximately take for the university to make a decision on an application for an international student? I've already applied last month but I'm only curious!

You should contact admissions at Uni of Lincoln to give you an estimate.
Unis have just passed the 15th Jan deadline, so will be very busy with applications at the moment.
Your application is non standard, so it will take them longer. I would be giving it at least another month.
Are you expecting to move into year 1,2 or 3?
Have you already talked to them and said such a transfer is possible?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Hello,

Hi @wplantz2

I agree with @999tigger's advice. If you are worried you can always contact them directly. However, your application is a transfer application which generally takes more time. This is because the international relations department at Lincoln will assess what you have already studied, to see if it matches with what they teach up until your start point.

Hope this helps
Dom :h:
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
You should contact admissions at Uni of Lincoln to give you an estimate.
Unis have just passed the 15th Jan deadline, so will be very busy with applications at the moment.
Your application is non standard, so it will take them longer. I would be giving it at least another month.
Are you expecting to move into year 1,2 or 3?
Have you already talked to them and said such a transfer is possible?

I'm expecting to move into year 3, as Uni of Lincoln excepts the credits from my university in the U.S.
I'm expecting to move into year 3, as Uni of Lincoln excepts the credits from my university in the U.S.

I can only be done by the department you are seeking to join.

Moving into year 3 is very rare for UK unis, unless its a top up course.
Have they said they will consider you for year 3?
Hello,

Hi @wplantz2,

We are glad to hear you are interested in studying with us! Application response times can vary depending on the course and specific situation.

We recommend you contact our International Office, as they will be more than happy to discuss your application. You can contact them via

+44 (0)1522 308108 or [email protected].

I hope this helps!

Daisy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest