The Student Room Group

Bar Course /BVS / BPTC 2023-2024 : what are everyone's plans?

What provider are people hoping for/received offers for? I'm aware City have given some offers and the ICCA have shortlisted for interviews.

Everyone coming in straight from the LLB/GDL or have people taken breaks after undergrad before doing the Bar Course?
Original post by JJ32210
What provider are people hoping for/received offers for? I'm aware City have given some offers and the ICCA have shortlisted for interviews.

Everyone coming in straight from the LLB/GDL or have people taken breaks after undergrad before doing the Bar Course?

Recently, just got rejected admission into the ICCA. Really heartbreaking.
Original post by xoxogossipgirluk
Hoping for ICCA (interview tomo) - haven't applied anywhere else. My Inn Scholarship is in 2 weeks and I'll know if I have a scholarship the following week. If I'm successful in getting an Inn scholarship then I will apply to other providers but for now there's no point wasting time on applications when I don't even know if I can afford to do the Bar Course this year. Even besides affordability, the prestige of an inn scholarship is so valuable that I'm willing to take a year out to try again for one. I'm final year LLB. So we'll see. Good luck to all

Hey what inn was your scholarship interview for? x
Original post by Jazzyjellycrack
Hey what inn was your scholarship interview for? x

It was Gray's. But it was a car crash so will probably be applying again later in the year
Reply 4
It was Gray's. But it was a car crash so will probably be applying again later in the year

Likewise but you never know. Hoping they get back sooner rather than later.
Original post by Ovleeir

Fingers crossed - we'll see. I was hoping to hear this week but that might have been wishful. Next week we'll know
Fingers crossed - we'll see. I was hoping to hear this week but that might have been wishful. Next week we'll know

Original post by Ovleeir

Good luck guys I hope you get it!

how was the grays interview what did they ask you? I feel like all inns are soo different, have you guys applied to the bar course yet if so which school
Thank you! I got a Gray's Scholarship and also an ICCA offer so I'm currently applying to the other bar courses so I can compare them all price-wise as some have scholarships. Gray's was an advocacy exercise plus a few standard competency questions - what is the best piece of oral advocacy you've seen, what is the best piece of written advocacy you've produced, what is a time you've failed and come back from it and what is a question you wish we'd asked you.
What inn did you apply to?

Congratulations!! Seems as though you’ve got it all sorted I’m happy for you!

I applied to Lincoln’s inn.
Trying to get some insight into the process of applying for a scholarship via an Inn, I'm transferring to the Bar from a foreign jurisdiction. I'm hoping to start the BPTC in January of 2024 but I'm afraid I may have already missed the scholarship deadlines. Lincolns Inn's website seems to indicate that the deadline for applying for a 2024 scholarship was 2022, this must be an error? or am I completely missing something
Original post by aspiringB367
Trying to get some insight into the process of applying for a scholarship via an Inn, I'm transferring to the Bar from a foreign jurisdiction. I'm hoping to start the BPTC in January of 2024 but I'm afraid I may have already missed the scholarship deadlines. Lincolns Inn's website seems to indicate that the deadline for applying for a 2024 scholarship was 2022, this must be an error? or am I completely missing something

It is not an error, the deadline was 5th November 2022 with interviews being held February/March 2023. Offers are yet to be given but we were told April. You’d have to wait for the next time it opens which is probably September 2023 and that would be for September 2024 start +
Ah okay thank you for explaining! I recently decided to transfer and didn't realize the applications were so early on in the year.
Original post by Jazzyjellycrack
It is not an error, the deadline was 5th November 2022 with interviews being held February/March 2023. Offers are yet to be given but we were told April. You’d have to wait for the next time it opens which is probably September 2023 and that would be for September 2024 start +
Reply 11
Hi. Does anyone have experience applying for UoL’s career changer Scholarship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending