The Student Room Group

Biomedical science

Hey, I’m studying biomedical science and I was just wondering what the exams are like, are they multiple choice?
And what modules you study in first year do you get examined on it in year 2 and 3 or not??
This will depend on your uni, but there will most likely be a mix of MCQs, lab reports, problem sets, essays, and presentations that you’ll be assessed on. The modules you’ll be doing in your first year will probably be built upon in second and third years in more depth, so whilst you might not be examined directly on their content, they’ll still be relevant :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Hey, I’m studying biomedical science and I was just wondering what the exams are like, are they multiple choice?
And what modules you study in first year do you get examined on it in year 2 and 3 or not??

Hello,

This will depend on your univeristy, however I've just finished my third year studying Biomed at the University of Lincoln so will give a view of what it was like for me!

The topics focused on at the University of Lincoln laid the foundations for understanding and investigating health, disease, treatment, and prevention. These key topics were expanded on throughout the three years, increasing in complexity. The course emphasises the development of transferable skills in information retrieval, data analysis, problem solving, and critical thinking, as well as hands-on experience.

Therefore, the way I was assessed was very broard. For example coursework, presentations, lap reports, review articles, in-class tests, lab tests, group projects and my dissertation to name a few. The varied way I was assessed enabled me to gain experience in different sectors, since Biomedicine can lead on to many different careers. I've decided to pursue a MSc in Data Science at the University of Lincoln and was able to apply due to data analysis and coding modules on my previous course.

I hope this has helped and good luck with your course!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending