The Student Room Group

MathsWatch

Hey Guys :smile:

I've just done my GCSE and waiting for my results.

To revise for maths, I used a CD called MathsWatch, it was really useful. All I had to do was just sit in front of the computer and watch clips, I always found revision by books rather boring.

I am hoping to do Further Maths next year, all thanks to this CD :biggrin:

I got a few question:

a) Do these guys make MathsWatch for As/A2 level?
b) if not, is there anything similar which I can use to revise?

Thanks in Advance :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
In my experience, "just sitting in front of the computer and watching clips" would be a very poor way of revising for the Further Maths A-level, but it is possible that I could be mistaken.
Reply 2
OMG,mathswatch is the best.I dont know what I would have done without it.Yh but,I dont think that would b a gd way to revise.What I would do is,do the worksheets that come with it,after watching the clip.
Reply 3
Sine
OMG,mathswatch is the best.I dont know what I would have done without it.Yh but,I dont think that would b agd way to revise.What I would do is,do the worksheets that come with it.

Spud, our school gave them out for free. As far as I'm aware they don't do one for a-level. You could check their website
Reply 4
Diaz
Spud, our school gave them out for free. As far as I'm aware they don't do one for a-level. You could check their website

I bought the CD for £1 from my school and the worksheets for free from their website with a password they provided.
Reply 5
New Username
is there anything similar which I can use to revise?

In my experience, nothing beats past papers.
Reply 6
BJack

Yeah,

MathsWatch+ Pp= SUCESS
Reply 7
New Username
Hey Guys :smile:

I've just done my GCSE and waiting for my results.

To revise for maths, I used a CD called MathsWatch, it was really useful. All I had to do was just sit in front of the computer and watch clips, I always found revision by books rather boring.

I am hoping to do Further Maths next year, all thanks to this CD :biggrin:

I got a few question:

a) Do these guys make MathsWatch for As/A2 level?
b) if not, is there anything similar which I can use to revise?

Thanks in Advance :wink:

what website do you know about science videos and maths videos for A level. what website did you buy the mathswatch from.
Reply 8
smith50
what website do you know about science videos and maths videos for A level. what website did you buy the mathswatch from.

http://www.mathswatch.co.uk/
Reply 9
I must say I'm slightly disappointed with this thread; I was expecting it to be about the maths equivalent of crimewatch. That would be so cool:

"On the 28th of July 2008, this geeky looking man dressed in tweed was caught by secret cameras dividing by zero. If you have any infomation relating to this incident, please don't hesitate to contact us - his swift capture essential as he is highly dangerous and armed with a pencil"
Diaz
Yeah,

MathsWatch+ Pp= SUCESS

:rofl:

I burst out laughing because how idiotic it looked to spell success incorrectly.

Sorry :biggrin:
Reply 11
Arnie Pie In The Sky
:rofl:

I burst out laughing because how idiotic it looked to spell success incorrectly.

Sorry :biggrin:

LOL
Reply 12
eponymous
I must say I'm slightly disappointed with this thread; I was expecting it to be about the maths equivalent of crimewatch. That would be so cool:

"On the 28th of July 2008, this geeky looking man dressed in tweed was caught by secret cameras dividing by zero. If you have any infomation relating to this incident, please don't hesitate to contact us - his swift capture essential as he is highly dangerous and armed with a pencil"

ok then lol
eponymous

that would be the most pointlessly hilarious thing ever!
Reply 14
BJack

+1
Maths Watch Is The Bestttttttttttttttt
Some of these aren't bad:

http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk/students.php/mathematics/

The people write too slowly though...
Reply 17
Does your child hang out with the wrong crowd?

Are they unpopular outcasts at school?

Do they stay up late and look irritable and unhealthy in the morning?

Do they hurriedly cover up their desks when you knock on the door of their room?

Your child could be doing MATHS!

You can't afford to let them plunge into the abyss of mathematics addiction. We can offer confidential advice and counselling to help protect your children.

Call MathsWatch Today!
Original post by Daniel Freedman

Original post by Daniel Freedman
Some of these aren't bad:

http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk/students.php/mathematics/

The people write too slowly though...

Thanku ur website helped me sooo much :smile: x
Reply 19
I guess I'm the only person who thought MathsWatch was a bit rubbish. Waste of a pound if you ask me... >.>

Quick Reply

Latest