The Student Room Group

Deontay Wilder: American blames ring-walk costume for Tyson Fury defeat.

Stuipid **** :tongue:

You have respect for a losing fighter that straight says 'The better fighterwon, I didn't do enough' ect, but turning around after that to say "Actually it was my fancy dress costume", apparently that was the only thing that hurt him, not the blood pissing out his ears :tongue:

"“It weighed 40 pounds with the helmet and all the batteries. I wanted my tribute to be great for Black History Month and I guess I put that before anything.” So your choice is 'World Championship Fight' or 'Fancy Dress', and you've went 'Fancy Dress'? :rolleyes:

“I’m going out on my shield,” he said. “If I say I’m willing to kill a man in the ring, I’m willing to abide by that same principle as a warrior to die in the ring.” Just sounds so much more stupid now, never saw Conan the Barbarian moan about his costume.
Then why did he agree to wear it...lmao.
Reply 3
I've got a 20kg (44lb) weighted vest and it's not exactly debilitating to walk in... struggling to believe someone his size could take a short stroll to the ring in something a little lighter and have his legs killed by it :lol:
Original post by Neilos
I've got a 20kg (44lb) weighted vest and it's not exactly debilitating to walk in... struggling to believe someone his size could take a short stroll to the ring in something a little lighter and have his legs killed by it :lol:

A good point i've seen others make is that any Infrantryman, the world over, would have something to say about a Warrior that can't carry 20kg for half an hour odd. :tongue:

It's like he's never watched a single Rocky film,

Rocky 1 & 2 - Honest fighting, bathrobes all round.
Rocky 3 - Rocky starts to act the **** with costumes and gimmicks. result, Mr T mocks his wife, caves his face in and murders his trainer with ancient voodoo chest shoving.
Rocky 4 - Apparently learning nothing, Apollo teams up with James Brown and goes nuts with the entrance and just flat out dies spawning a series of lukewarm spin off films. Drago then seriously brain damages Rocky just for laughs.

See Wilder would know this if he knew his boxing history like I do :tongue:
Firemen's kit weighs more than this and they graft in it for hours, in heat.
All he had to do was walk to the ring.
He's turning an honourable defeat into a bleating shameful one. Silly man.
Reply 6
I think he has to give some kind of excuse to make sure there's good promotion for the rematch i.e. "next fight I'll be 100% and knockout Fury...". Probably deep down he knows that he's going to be a big underdog for the next fight and needs to get lucky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending