The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

CSM Foundation Rejections

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been rejected yet by CSM for the foundation year in art and design? Any EU students maybe?
I'm asking because I haven't heard back from them since I sent my portfolio off and am still hoping it may just be delay due to the coronavirus thing going on...
Do you think they will extend the deadlines for holding interviews? (Someone wrote that the last interview take place on the 18th of March.)
Is there any deadline that they are obliged to hold themselves to?
Hiya I've applied to CSM art and design foundation this year and havent heard back either after sending out my portfolio on 10th of feb.. and yes there are some students who've been rejected and also lots of students who've been already interviewed. Really got no idea what's going on, and according to other students who rang them up, the last interview was on 18th of March. However, as we're going through the very exceptional worldwide crisis, no one could really guess their current situation of the application process...Some say that it's all done we'll get no places and there's no hope but I honestly don't want to believe that :frown:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
By “it’s all done we’ll get no places” do you mean that they won’t even give us a chance by taking a look at our portfolio? I actually just got my rejection letter today. Obviously not very happy about it, but I actually just find it a bit strange how they wouldn’t even invite me for an interview when my backup uni gave me an unconditional offer... i’m a bit butthurt, i really wanted this to work out
Original post by eura
By “it’s all done we’ll get no places” do you mean that they won’t even give us a chance by taking a look at our portfolio? I actually just got my rejection letter today. Obviously not very happy about it, but I actually just find it a bit strange how they wouldn’t even invite me for an interview when my backup uni gave me an unconditional offer... i’m a bit butthurt, i really wanted this to work out

Did you get a rejection letter from Central Saint Martins? I think this assessment system is a bit unfair. But still please don't get upset❤️
Reply 4
Original post by pixiepixie
Did you get a rejection letter from Central Saint Martins? I think this assessment system is a bit unfair. But still please don't get upset❤️

Yes, it's CSM Foundation that I got rejected from, sorry for not being specific. And thank you ❤️
Original post by eura

What was your backup uni? Unconditional offer is so good, congratulations!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been rejected yet by CSM for the foundation year in art and design? Any EU students maybe?
I'm asking because I haven't heard back from them since I sent my portfolio off and am still hoping it may just be delay due to the coronavirus thing going on...
Do you think they will extend the deadlines for holding interviews? (Someone wrote that the last interview take place on the 18th of March.)
Is there any deadline that they are obliged to hold themselves to?

My understanding is that overseas applications have all been assessed and applicants either rejected or made offers. Home / EU students application are still in process - some were granted interviews in March but are still awaiting decisions. The overall decision making process has been slowed down by the coronavirus.
Reply 7
Original post by glorixd2
same but im not from UK so i was expecting an email for 2 months about my application to find out somewhere random on UAL portal where says i got rejected... i didnt even got an explanation why i got rejected :/ i think its very stupid how they didn't inform us about interview i think we all need to get a chance

They get thousands of applications, they can't interview that many people, which is why they have a first stage where they assess your online portfolio, then make a shortlist. They have various short explanations for their decisions, ie 'your portfolio is not as strong as the other applicants', but again they can't be expected to write individual application feedback for thousands of applicants. It's a pretty thorough assessment process. I'd recommend seeking out professional guidance to help with applications.
Original post by JanMay
My understanding is that overseas applications have all been assessed and applicants either rejected or made offers. Home / EU students application are still in process - some were granted interviews in March but are still awaiting decisions. The overall decision making process has been slowed down by the coronavirus.

well not really haha I'm intl student but I still haven't heard back from csm or ccw. not a single progress after my mini submission!
Original post by mangolala
well not really haha I'm intl student but I still haven't heard back from csm or ccw. not a single progress after my mini submission!i'm

I'm an international student and I got an interview invitation from CCW two weeks ago. They should give you an email soon
Original post by iamwillhyun
I'm an international student and I got an interview invitation from CCW two weeks ago. They should give you an email soon

I just received an interview invitation 2 days ago as well! which pathway have applied to? and when is your interview date?? thank you!! x
I just received an interview invitation 2 days ago as well! which pathway have applied to? and when is your interview date?? thank you!! x

I applied for diagnostic mode(foundation year), and I'm doing my interview on the 14th!!
how bout u?
Reply 12

..this email thread was created regarding CSM foundation applications, not CCW applications. Just to avoid unnecessary confusion for people following this thread in terms of their CSM apps....
I applied for diagnostic mode(foundation year), and I'm doing my interview on the 14th!!
how bout u?

I've received my offer after my interview on 16th !! wbu??
I've received my offer after my interview on 16th !! wbu??

same here!!
CSM or CCW??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending