The Student Room Group

Thank you emails to teachers after leaving school abruptly? (covid-19)

I'm in yr 11 and I was wondering if you think its a good idea to send thank you emails to teachers to thank them all they have done over the past few years in order to prepare me for my GCSEs despite them being cancelled. Also to wish them safety during this time (covid-19). We left school so suddenly on Friday and I don't know if I will see them in person again until September and some of them are leaving this year. We are continuing online lessons next term because we may want to resit, but I don't know if it will come across as weird or over the top if I send them an email of gratitude.I'm really overthinking this so I would be grateful for your thoughts or opinions!
I think it should be after the online lessons, so in July.
Reply 2
Original post by student3102
I'm in yr 11 and I was wondering if you think its a good idea to send thank you emails to teachers to thank them all they have done over the past few years in order to prepare me for my GCSEs despite them being cancelled. Also to wish them safety during this time (covid-19). We left school so suddenly on Friday and I don't know if I will see them in person again until September and some of them are leaving this year. We are continuing online lessons next term because we may want to resit, but I don't know if it will come across as weird or over the top if I send them an email of gratitude.I'm really overthinking this so I would be grateful for your thoughts or opinions!

I felt quite upset cause of the fact that I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to my friends or teachers. Maybe you should wait after you get your results, cause you never know what might happen in between, school could open again (I doubt it) or you could be invited to a leavers party later on if you haven't already had one.
Reply 3
I mean I sent one to the teacher I'm closest to because she told me to pop in and say bye on Friday ( we didn't have a lesson that week on the timetable) but then we found out that our Year Group wasn't coming in but obviously this was afterschool! And I'm not even in an exam class, I'm Year 12.

But basically yes, your teachers will appreciate it!!

Quick Reply

Latest