The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ifyawanabmydr
They’re really doubling down on the in-person format, aren’t they? Another overnight email...

Yeah I don't know if this is normal seeing as I haven't taken it before, but it sure does seem like a lot of emails to send out. I've been putting off booking a train ticket in the hopes it would go online, but it's looking like it's definitely going to be in-person...
What resources is everyone using to revise for the GAMSAT?
🤣🤣🤣 My buzz is more about ripping the ‘bandaid’ off that first attempt. Plus I’m excited to get some time back that I’ve been using to procrastinate.

Yep! I am just happy for it to be over! Balancing GAMSAT revision with a dissertation and coursework is not fun 😬
Reply 983
I am considering sitting the GAMSAT exam (probably next March). I am 45 with 3 children and am currently working as a Healthcare practitioner. Is there anyone out there in a similar position to myself who can advise whether this is "doable"....or is it incredibly hard going? TIA
Original post by KEH09
I am considering sitting the GAMSAT exam (probably next March). I am 45 with 3 children and am currently working as a Healthcare practitioner. Is there anyone out there in a similar position to myself who can advise whether this is "doable"....or is it incredibly hard going? TIA

Before diving in GAMSAT / UCAT revision, I would think about medicine as a career first... what about your thread here? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6966368

Post originally created by ecolier.
Well... time to call it, I think. It’s in-person, isn’t it?

Anyone else at rhe Leonardo Hotel sitting on the 19th
Reply 986
Hi I am. I wanted to check if anyone else has a 2 PM start time. It seems a little strange as we will be doing the exam till almost 8 PM.
Original post by sep224
Hi I am. I wanted to check if anyone else has a 2 PM start time. It seems a little strange as we will be doing the exam till almost 8 PM.

I have a 7am time, so count me envious of you! Literally next to Tower Bridge. They do pick their spots... almost like they don’t really care if I can make it or not 🤣
A few Qs! Would be really grateful if someone knows (as it’s in two days)

Does the word processor have spellcheck enabled (red lines underneath, etc.)? Do we have an onscreen calculator as with the UCAT? Also, what’s the scrap paper situation - do we get lots for jotting? Many thanks!
I've done a few practice written communication tests and there is no spell check and I assume that's the point since previous tests would have been written on paper. I'm fairly sure there is no onscreen calculator either. With scrap paper I think I read on an email that they will provide us with that. I also have my test on the 19th at the Leonardo hotel! :smile:
Original post by Chloeal12
I've done a few practice written communication tests and there is no spell check and I assume that's the point since previous tests would have been written on paper. I'm fairly sure there is no onscreen calculator either. With scrap paper I think I read on an email that they will provide us with that. I also have my test on the 19th at the Leonardo hotel! :smile:

Thank you! I’ll be the one looking as though they haven’t slept, with the unkempt hair. I’m sure that narrows it down 😂

There must be some calculator, surely? Is there no requirement to do acid - base calculations etc? Or is it limited to understanding relationships?
Original post by sep224

I had an afternoon start when I sat in September, yeah finishing at 8pm wasn’t ideal esp going through S3 after a long day but turns out I did okay. Just pace yourself well, good luck!

A few Qs! Would be really grateful if someone knows (as it’s in two days)

Does the word processor have spellcheck enabled (red lines underneath, etc.)? Do we have an onscreen calculator as with the UCAT? Also, what’s the scrap paper situation - do we get lots for jotting? Many thanks!

Can’t remember about spellcheck but there was no calculator. They give you plain pieces of scrap paper (you can ask for more but I only used 2 A4 both sides) for you to write on to help with thought process/answering but all answers must be put on the computer.
I sat it last May, but there was no spellcheck and no calculator. All calculations can just be done on the scrap paper. We were allowed 2 A4 blank pages.
Original post by sep224

yeah I have 2pm at the Hilton hotel this Friday, did seem strange when so many people here have really early slots!
Original post by AimeeBalham
yeah I have 2pm at the Hilton hotel this Friday, did seem strange when so many people here have really early slots!

I'm also 2pm Hilton on Friday too! i was originally in Leonardo but they switched me over
Original post by Cherioos
I'm also 2pm Hilton on Friday too! i was originally in Leonardo but they switched me over

same! Not sure how I feel about having an exam go on til 8pm, but very grateful not to have the 7am tbh!
Original post by AimeeBalham
same! Not sure how I feel about having an exam go on til 8pm, but very grateful not to have the 7am tbh!

it's a bit annoying for me as i had to book the hotel for another night. not a fan of the mask for the exam either as I like to rest my head on my hand when im thinking
Original post by Cherioos
it's a bit annoying for me as i had to book the hotel for another night. not a fan of the mask for the exam either as I like to rest my head on my hand when im thinking

ah, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will all be worth it though!
Reply 998
Does anyone know if you arrive at 2 pm or the exam starts at 2 pm?? :s-smilie:
Reply 999
Hi I have 2 pm at Leonardo. If it has been changed do they tell you in a personal email?

Latest

Trending

Trending