The Student Room Group

Personal statement question

I am currently in grade 11 and I am going to do 4 AS levels then study abroad in Canada, I have a few questions regarding my personal statement.
1)Where can I get more information about the structure of a personal statement, the word limit, etc?

2) When is an ideal time to start working on the personal statement?

3) Can I link my blog/youtube channel since I am planning on majoring in computer science and have done many projects?

Thank you in advance! :smile:
Just to be clear, you’re looking to apply to Canadian universities?
Reply 2
Original post by Johnathan94
Just to be clear, you’re looking to apply to Canadian universities?

yup
When last I checked, there is no centralised university application system so you’ll need to apply directly with each institution. So I suppose it will depend on a case-by-case basis what you can include.

I would begin by making a list of the universities you want to apply to and the corresponding deadlines.
Reply 4
When last I checked, there is no centralised university application system so you’ll need to apply directly with each institution. So I suppose it will depend on a case-by-case basis what you can include.

I would begin by making a list of the universities you want to apply to and the corresponding deadlines.

Where can I get more information on personal statements and the application process of the university I want to apply to ?
I really don’t know how I can say this without it dripping with sarcasm...

The university’s website.
Reply 6
I really don’t know how I can say this without it dripping with sarcasm...

The university’s website.

I know but where on the university's website?😂
I've checked many university's websites and I cant seem to find any information about the PS
Which university are you mainly looking at? Toronto? UBC?
Reply 8
Which university are you mainly looking at? Toronto? UBC?

Honestly, I am not sure yet, I am looking for budget universities at the moment since i don't have such great funding.
Original post by shediakh
Honestly, I am not sure yet, I am looking for budget universities at the moment since i don't have such great funding.

Look at the uni's online application process
Should all be explained there what you need to do
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by AzureCeleste
Look at the uni's online application process
Should all be explained there what you need to do

Okaaaaay thank you so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending