The Student Room Group

Car hire question

Please refer to the attachment.
The answer is E.
The wording of this question is slightly confusing. The bit that I don't understand is "even if it could be returned within 4 hours". I assumed this is saying find the distance needed for the cost difference in the 12m^3 vans (4 hours and 1-day duration) to zero their cost difference and then a little extra for it to be cheaper. But why does it mention the bit that I quoted? Is this because 94 miles can be done within 4 hours but does not have to be.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by As.1997
Please refer to the attachment.
The answer is E.
The wording of this question is slightly confusing. The bit that I don't understand is "even if it could be returned within 4 hours". I assumed this is saying find the distance needed for the cost difference in the 12m^3 vans (4 hours and 1-day duration) to zero their cost difference and then a little extra for it to be cheaper.

That's correct. Its saying not to assume that it needs to be hired for more than 4 hours. Just do the calculation on distance.
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
That's correct. Its saying not to assume that it needs to be hired for more than 4 hours. Just do the calculation on distance.

Perfect : )

Quick Reply

Latest