The Student Room Group

GCSE mock revision

Its never too early! But you don't have to start yet either. A few months before the exams is perfectly fine!

That said, whenever you want to start, there are lots of different ways to revise. Personally, I find it really helpful to rewrite the notes I've taken in class into a less messy format. That might be because I have very messy handwriting unless I take my time, but its also helpful for keeping track of what you've learnt and where it is, since schoolbooks can get really messy.

If you do rewrite your notes, you can use wither lined or blank paper, or even coloured paper (Unless you do it digitally of course). If you aren't sure what will work for you, write a short amount on each option. Also, highlighters are your best friend. This goes for flashcards too. Highlight titles, or important information, or little details - Its up to you.

Speaking of flashcards, lots of people find them really helpful for remembering the important details. I find they're especially useful in science subjects. Put a question on one side and the answer on the other, or a word and the definition on the back - They've got a lot of uses!

My friend in high school used to record herself reading out her notes so she could listen to it on the bus etc, and that really helped her. Someone else I knew typed up everything online. There's loads of options, and plenty of people don't figure out what helps them most until way close to exam time.

But the most important part of revision is to not overwork yourself. A few hours spread out over a week is sufficient, and is way more than enough for months before the exam. And make sure to take breaks, forcing yourself to work isnt conductive to learning and it will stress you out. And drink water, dehydration feels bad and is bad for learning.

GCSE mock revision

Its never too early! But you don't have to start yet either. A few months before the exams is perfectly fine!

That said, whenever you want to start, there are lots of different ways to revise. Personally, I find it really helpful to rewrite the notes I've taken in class into a less messy format. That might be because I have very messy handwriting unless I take my time, but its also helpful for keeping track of what you've learnt and where it is, since schoolbooks can get really messy.

If you do rewrite your notes, you can use wither lined or blank paper, or even coloured paper (Unless you do it digitally of course). If you aren't sure what will work for you, write a short amount on each option. Also, highlighters are your best friend. This goes for flashcards too. Highlight titles, or important information, or little details - Its up to you.

Speaking of flashcards, lots of people find them really helpful for remembering the important details. I find they're especially useful in science subjects. Put a question on one side and the answer on the other, or a word and the definition on the back - They've got a lot of uses!

My friend in high school used to record herself reading out her notes so she could listen to it on the bus etc, and that really helped her. Someone else I knew typed up everything online. There's loads of options, and plenty of people don't figure out what helps them most until way close to exam time.

But the most important part of revision is to not overwork yourself. A few hours spread out over a week is sufficient, and is way more than enough for months before the exam. And make sure to take breaks, forcing yourself to work isnt conductive to learning and it will stress you out. And drink water, dehydration feels bad and is bad for learning.
It's never early to revise. What subjects are you confident and least confident in? What are your revision methods as of rn? Are they working?

Quick Reply

Latest