The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
it looks lovely but slightly too short for college maybe? im not sure. id probs wear it. :p: BUT i hate hate hate those kind of black tights, i prefer much thicker tights or bare legs.
Reply 41
rastaman25
I can't see the pics! Someone link me? :smile: Please?

Ukazi-TazZy
Where's the picture??

:s-smilie: I don't know why you can't see it...

ClivePounds
For everyday it's fine - but for college it's abit short

Yeah, everyones saying that, but then in the poll, the 'It's fine' option is winning!

.x.jen.x.
it looks lovely but slightly too short for college maybe? im not sure. id probs wear it. :p: BUT i hate hate hate those kind of black tights, i prefer much thicker tights or bare legs.

Hmm wait, I can get a pic in some thicker tights.
Reply 42
Argh I thought I had some plain black thick ones, but turns out I don't. All I could find were these ribbed ones...so ignore that part; just pretend their plain.

Thicker tights

Reply 43
I think it's too short.
Bare legs are so much better than leggings or tights. Any day of the week.
I've chosen the "its fine" option, but really it depends on what other people wear. Study what other people wear closely for about a week, are they wearing skirts that length or not? Because you don't want to make yourself feel silly. Personally I wouldn't want to wear that without leggings or darker tights for college otherwise it may look as though your dressed for a party.
Reply 46
I love that shirt! just bought a similar one in red

Looks fine for college just be careful sitting down :o:
BrightGirl
:s-smilie: I don't know why you can't see it...

Can you possibly give me a link??
My opinion is better than everyone else's :biggrin:
Reply 48
Ukazi-TazZy
Can you possibly give me a link??
My opinion is better than everyone else's :biggrin:

Lol sure:

http://i33.tinypic.com/1hkxf.jpg
http://i37.tinypic.com/juwh1v.jpg

And then with thicker tights, but ignore the ribbing.
http://i34.tinypic.com/333xt0l.jpg
I think it looks really nice, but I wouldn't have been able to wear that to sixth form (however our dress code was smart office wear so I couldn't have worn a floor length denim skirt if I wanted, let alone one that short)!
Reply 50
I like the skirt but it is quite short. I wouldn't say it was too short for college though mainly because it's not like you're wearing it with bare legs and it doesn't actually look slutty or anything. Although maybe you should wear it with darker tights (or leggings if you like them) just to make it seem as though you're showing less leg if you know what I mean.

Nice outfit by the way.
Nice legs...!
Reply 52
It's so short I can't actually see a skirt *squints*

Just seen your alernative links. I think it's a couple of inches too short. You could get away with it but it'd actually look better a little longer.
BrightGirl
I just realised i'm in the tall section for Topshop - i'm 5'7.

Anywho, so I bought this denim mini last year, and wore it a lot in the winter, but it was from the normal section. Being exceedingly bored right now, i'm trying it on, and I like it, but don't know if it's maybe too short for college as I spose it's intended for people not as tall.

Skirt

As well as this, does the whole 'frayed edge' thing look weird? I like it. :o:

PS. On a side note, had a look online, and the Tall section is absolutely rubbish, there's like no choice at all. :rolleyes: I'll just be ignoring it...

you can wear denim at your college??

and no - it's not too short for you but it is too short for college

you are only 5"7 that's actually not tall at all... you'd be way to small for the tall section at top shop
Reply 54
Lemons
I like the skirt but it is quite short. I wouldn't say it was too short for college though mainly because it's not like you're wearing it with bare legs and it doesn't actually look slutty or anything. Although maybe you should wear it with darker tights (or leggings if you like them) just to make it seem as though you're showing less leg if you know what I mean.

Nice outfit by the way.

There's a pic a little bit further up the page with darker tights.:biggrin:

..J'adore..
you can wear denim at your college??

and no - it's not too short for you but it is too short for college

you are only 5"7 that's actually not tall at all... you'd be way to small for the tall section at top shop

Well there's no uniform, so I assume so :yep:
Yeah, I wouldn't class myself as tall, but apparently on the website 5'7 and above is what their Tall range is for. :s-smilie:
BrightGirl

Well there's no uniform, so I assume so :yep:
Yeah, I wouldn't class myself as tall, but apparently on the website 5'7 and above is what their Tall range is for. :s-smilie:

:s-smilie: odd!!

i went into top shop in London and tried out some trousers from the tall section, 36", that's the shortest they do in that section and that's my leg length - but for some reason they were way too long on me!!

I'm 6"1 btw
BrightGirl

Wow you look great, an have great legs...
You can pull it off!
So wear it!!!
lol:woo:
IMO yes, it's probably too short, but if you wanna wear it I would see what everyone else in your college is wearing first. :smile:
It's a bit short for college, fine for going out and any other time probably.

I'm 5'9" and don't fit into any of the Tall section - they're often for girls who are like 6 foot. A lot of the tops are too big/long on me but I don't fit into some of the tops in the normal section either because they're too short.
Reply 59
I have one that short and wear it too college all the time. I think you should wear darker tights/leggings though.

On a another note, I envy your legs!

Latest