The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

kcl a100- is accommodation worth it?

I'm not sure if it's worth living in student accommodation if the lectures are going to be online. I understand small group teaching will be on campus...

...is it worth paying for accommodation in order to join the small group teaching in person? this is for the standard medicine course and it will be my first year this September

I'm interested in what other people think! thanks
Reply 1
Well it depends of course where do you live and whether you think it would be worth it.

I am an international student and moving to London for me is much more than just university; from meeting new people to living alone for the first time, even if class was fully online I would still move in to accommodation. I am studying a humanities course so my teaching will be different from yours, of course, since you'll be studying medicine.

But with scientific and health based subjects I think perhaps you should speak to second years or third years, that can tell you a bit about it, if you are worried about missing tutorials or taking theory to practice in the medicine field.

It really narrows down to what you want and your priorities.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by galaxy,
Well it depends of course where do you live and whether you think it would be worth it.

I am an international student and moving to London for me is much more than just university; from meeting new people to living alone for the first time, even if class was fully online I would still move in to accommodation. I am studying a humanities course so my teaching will be different from yours, of course, since you'll be studying medicine.

But with scientific and health based subjects I think perhaps you should speak to second years or third years, that can tell you a bit about it, if you are worried about missing tutorials or taking theory to practice in the medicine field.

It really narrows down to what you want and your priorities.

Hi, thanks for your reply, you've given me some things to think about

Quick Reply

Latest