The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Given that I have a fear of eyes, this terrified me!

What's your problem with eyes?

Original post by SMed
What's your problem with eyes?

I'm not scared of eyes but I can't look at that lol.
Original post by Paramore<3
How do you embed large images into text like OP? When I try they either come up small, or as 'attached thumbnails'...

Sorry if the solution's really easy and I'm a bit dense!

They made a new system where choosing insert image does that
To get around it you need to put in [ IMG ]*YOUR IMAGE* [ / IMG] without the space and it should come up.
Reply 3543
You can still use the image shortcut button, just click, 'from URL' and untick the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' box.
Sleeping Swans

DSC01521.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SMed
What's your problem with eyes?]

They're just so horrible and really creepy.

Original post by Monstermuffin20
-

I think if you went a bit easier on the contrast and your images would look a lot better

Just my opinion though!
(edited 11 years ago)
China Town Hustle

Took the subway down to China Town in NYC one morning with my camera. After an hour or two of strolling I came across a very small park. To my surprise it was full of around 150 very old asian men, passing the time by gambling their money away. Never have I been somewhere so entrenched in a culture that is totally foreign to the location.

As always, If you rep it please comment! If you don't have time then no worries

Tech Specs for the intrigued
Left:1/200 f/7.1 ISO 800 Right:1/320 f/7.1 ISO 800
Lens: 24-70mm f/2.8 (No Filter)
Body: 5D MkII
Adobe Photoshop CS5 + Silver Efex Pro 2 Add-on
Original post by DanBrwn
Go easy on the contrast and your images would look a lot better

I don't know, I like the contrast. The first one could do with being a bit lighter, but in general I like them.
Original post by TheSownRose
I don't know, I like the contrast. The first one could do with being a bit lighter, but in general I like them.

If he can send me a high res .RAW then I will show you guys what I mean :tongue:
Original post by DanBrwn
If he can send me a high res .RAW then I will show you guys what I mean :tongue:

Maybe demonstrate on a spare raw you have lying around? Admittedly my contrast sensitivity is a little bit below average, but not that much ... and they don't look that contrast-y to me. :dontknow:

I love going to Starbucks and using Instagram :love:

Spoiler

dnfjsdnfsdkfds
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Monstermuffin20
Thanks man...

Want to email me a hi-res .raw and Ill show you what I mean?

[email protected]
Original post by DanBrwn
China Town Hustle

Took the subway down to China Town in NYC one morning with my camera. After an hour or two of strolling I came across a very small park. To my surprise it was full of around 150 very old asian men, passing the time by gambling their money away. Never have I been somewhere so entrenched in a culture that is totally foreign to the location.

As always, If you rep it please comment! If you don't have time then no worries

Tech Specs for the intrigued
Left:1/200 f/7.1 ISO 800 Right:1/320 f/7.1 ISO 800
Lens: 24-70mm f/2.8 (No Filter)
Body: 5D MkII
Adobe Photoshop CS5 + Silver Efex Pro 2 Add-on

Repped, I love this.

Camera:NIKON CORPORATION
Model:NIKON D90
ISO Speed:250
Exposure:1/1000 sec
Aperture:f / 9.0
Focal Length:18 mm
Flash: Did not Fire
Views:1
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3557
Original post by IcEmAn911

White balance looks off. Was bored so I had a little play with the image. I made the snow look white (though still a bit off I think) and lightened the foreground a bit too.

[Image removed]
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Roobsa
White balance looks off. Was bored so I had a little play with the image. I made the snow look white (though still a bit off I think) and lightened the foreground a bit too.

Spoiler

It's still blue, and it's extremely rude to process someone else's photo without their permission.
Reply 3559
Original post by TheSownRose
It's still blue, and it's extremely rude to process someone else's photo without their permission.

It's less blue than the original. Like I said, still a little off. I didn't mean to be rude by doing it, I was just showing the difference colour correction can make. Removed the image anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending