The Student Room Group

Post your best photograph

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roobsa
It's less blue than the original. Like I said, still a little off. I didn't mean to be rude by doing it, I was just showing the difference colour correction can make. Removed the image anyway.

Don't worry about it. I had the wrong temp setting wb at that time but i like the effect it gives. I'm new to all this so I do welcome any constructive criticism you may have in order to take better pictures!
Original post by IcEmAn911
Don't worry about it. I had the wrong temp setting wb at that time but i like the effect it gives. I'm new to all this so I do welcome any constructive criticism you may have in order to take better pictures!

Good tip when shooting snow is to over expose by 1/3 to 1 stop which will make the snow white instead of gray
the_boys_of_fall_by_pinkapostrophe-d4tnyfk.jpg
click for full size. maybe not my best but I love the vibe. (photo edited: saturation & vibrancy of red.)
Hello Bobbi Soxers!

Here is a shot of Grand Central Terminal in New York City on a very misty night. The mist only exaggerates how overtowered the beautiful GCT is. Taking this shot I was stood on a no-pedestrian bridge which links Madison Avenue to downtown. The traffic was so frequent (Even at 0.50am) that it took me 13 attempts just to get this 1.6s exposure! To give a sense of scale the rectangles on the window are aprox. 7ft tall.

I have to also pass thanks to the NYPD for letting me do it!

Tech Specs for the intrigued
Left:1.6s f/7.1 ISO 200
Lens: 24-70mm f/2.8 (No Filter, I think)
Body: 5D MkII
Adobe Photoshop CS5 + Silver Efex Pro 2 Add-on
i would have to say my best would be this of my iguana :biggrin:
59062088823d11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg
I honestly think the best pictures I've taken that aren't arty-farty were on holiday to Kenya. With the one I've posted, being in a hot air balloon just after dawn above the Maasai Mara helped, but I still love it.

balloon and wildebeest.jpg

However, the picture in the link is an overload of cuteness, I couldn't resist XD
http://imgur.com/rf0Mh
(edited 5 years ago)

It felt a lot like summer yesterday for me :smile:
Original post by DanBrwn
"Misfit Photography"

Site?

only my flickr pal

sorry for the delay forgot to reply. I've stopped posting up my new photos on the internet until I get comfortable with photography again:smile:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/misfitexplorer/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/misfitphotographyportfolio/

there'll be a couple of crossovers between the two.
(edited 11 years ago)
Took this about an hour ago. Snowdon Pass, North Wales

Left:1/500 f/2.8 ISO 50
Lens: 24-70mm f/2.8 (Green Filter)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DanBrwn

http://i.imgur.com/jV3mr.jpg

The lighting looks way out with that sun bursting through. It takes you away from the rest of the image.
Original post by ocelotrevs
The lighting looks way out with that sun bursting through. It takes you away from the rest of the image.

Didn't realise this was a photo-critiquing session. Yes I realise part of the sky is blown out but the only way to fix something like that is to build a sensor with a dynamic range greater than the human eye itself.

But thanks, I'll be sure to return the favour :smile:
Errm this is mine, its my personal favourite although probably not my bestIMG_0079.jpg
Original post by ocelotrevs

It felt a lot like summer yesterday for me :smile:

That is SICK
Original post by DanBrwn

I think this is AMAZING seriously- positive rep for you! It looks like the craters of the surface of the moon- awesome job :smile: And I love black and white photography
Original post by DanBrwn
Didn't realise this was a photo-critiquing session. Yes I realise part of the sky is blown out but the only way to fix something like that is to build a sensor with a dynamic range greater than the human eye itself.

But thanks, I'll be sure to return the favour :smile:

To be fair, you've commented on other peoples'... :wink: I like the general scene, but it looks a bit flat - did you consider adding a bit more contrast to it?
Original post by TheSownRose
To be fair, you've commented on other peoples'... :wink: I like the general scene, but it looks a bit flat - did you consider adding a bit more contrast to it?

Wow wow wow, when I criticise I usually give constructive criticism. Also to be fair what kind of annoyed me was the fact that he had not long posted this

So I was kind of like, " :eek: You of all people...". But anyway I had hopped not to expand on that. Dont want to get irrelevant to the post topic. As for the contrast I had to find a balance between dynamic range and image contrast otherwise that highlight in the sky would grow and grow. Think I did the right thing but we shall never know... :tongue:
Original post by DanBrwn
Wow wow wow, when I criticise I usually give constructive criticism. Also to be fair what kind of annoyed me was the fact that he had not long posted this

So I was kind of like, " :eek: You of all people...". But anyway I had hopped not to expand on that. Dont want to get irrelevant to the post topic. As for the contrast I had to find a balance between dynamic range and image contrast otherwise that highlight in the sky would grow and grow. Think I did the right thing but we shall never know... :tongue:

Fair enough. :hat2:

Mind if I post the re-jig I just did of it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending