Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
snowrockandice
These are my favourites...

that grass doesn't look real :eek:
Reply 381
snowrockandice
These are my favourites...

Nice photos. But I'm curious why you included the blurry dog?
Thanks. :smile: For some reason I'm just really fond of that picture - I suppose I like the sense of movement the blur gives off.

I think this is probably my best shot... Was just in the right place at the right time, I think anyway :smile: Taken where I live, Isle of Iona, Scotland
get_more

next one is my best portrait photo, i cheated a bit, so it's a collage. But I love it

I love this photo! Simple and great
Reply 385
Fleece
Nice photos. But I'm curious why you included the blurry dog?

awesome style, but yea, why blurry dog?

Tyrannosaurus Cal
I love this photo! Simple and great

thank you, your small post gives me such important endorphin dose :wink:

Reply 386
get_more

The bokeh is goooood... what lens/camera was it
Reply 387
get_more

Reply 388
Hi guys this is my first post. Thought i'd join up as i'm going to apply to do photography next year.
Anyway here's a couple of photos :smile:

If anyone is going to Winchester School of Art in 2009 or is there already doing graphic arts, please contact me!

or if anyone can recommend the best uni for photography, I like what I see at WSA so far but i'm new to this uni business as I didn't goto college or anything.

Thanks,

David
Reply 389
AnnyRoquentin
People need to get this idea that what I'm getting at is that abstract is the way to go, out of their heads. Look at Jeff Wall's work, it's not really to my taste but I consider it far more creative and interesting than a lot of abstract photography, because of the thought and concepts that have gone behind it.

Oh my god. :shot:
Reply 390
I have two entries...

and this one...

I have a few more on my Flickr page here/
Reply 391
Love that wasp Michael
toto8462
I have two entries...

and this one...

I have a few more on my Flickr page here/

Really, really stunning. How on earth do you achieve that first one? Looks like it needs a lot of patience!
Reply 393
junglemonkey
Really, really stunning. How on earth do you achieve that first one? Looks like it needs a lot of patience!

I'm glad you like it! I love sharing my photography with others...

Thanks, well I won't lie, I deleted about 40 failed attempts. Also, bear in mind that I was taking the shot with a Canon 450D which given its12mp and half decent image quality this enables me to have a big bowl of milk and crop lots of the image away if needs be. Oh yeah, a sturdy tripod was essential (for both shots).
Reply 394
Just got my new baby as an early Christmas present, my Pentax 16-45mm f/4!

Shot with a Pentax K20D, with a manual 50mm f/1.7.
Reply 395
Ewan

thx. it's nikkor 50mm / 1.8 it costs about 120 £, budget lens
Reply 396
ssk2
Just got my new baby as an early Christmas present, my Pentax 16-45mm f/4!

Shot with a Pentax K20D, with a manual 50mm f/1.7.

Congratulations, one of the most useful lenses that a photographer can have is a mid-range zoom.
waiting for your new photos:wink:
get_more
Congratulations, one of the most useful lenses that a photographer can have is a mid-range zoom.
waiting for your new photos:wink:

I still don't get what all the different lenses are capable of/can do. I've got a kit lens, and a macro. What would be a good one to invest in next? You seem to know a lot about this stuff :smile:
Reply 398
I assume the kit lens is an 18-55mm and the macro, well, what focal length is it? Is it true 1:1 macro? And it depends what you shoot most if you want to get a new lens? Sports? Wildlife? Low light? Portraits?
junglemonkey
I still don't get what all the different lenses are capable of/can do. I've got a kit lens, and a macro. What would be a good one to invest in next? You seem to know a lot about this stuff :smile:

What do you want to shoot?

Landscapes? Get a wide angle, sigma 10-20 is one of the top consumer wide angles.

Animals/Sports? Get a longer lens, something like a 70-300mm is ideal.

Portraits? Mid range zoom or prime is best, something like a 16-85 or 85mm prime, even a 50mm would possibly be OK.

:^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending